A few questions before purchase

hi,

Wanting to move over to the 4k+ from a NUC but just wanted to check it will meet my needs. I know there is an app store - is sabnzbd/radarr/sonarr supported? Also, will my Harmony 650 work with the box?

TIA

I’m using a Harmony remote without problems. You just need to attach the IR-dongle to the device and select the correct remote/profile.

As for the apps. Don’t know exactly what you mean with support. You can AFAIK install this software on the box but don’t think they are in the app-store. You would have to SSH into the box and perform some manual operations. People of the forum might be able to assist you but for problems with the software you should check the fora of that software.

Cheers for that. It was more whether there were ready made apps for install via the app store, but I’m fine to do it manually as you suggest. If anyone has any experience of doing this, it would be appreciated.

Ta

Using the forum search function might help e.g.:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/search?q=sabnzbd

1 Like

You don’t need an IR dongle. The Vero 4K + has an inbuilt IR receiver :wink:

1 Like

Wel that’s the thing I’m using. IR receiver/dongle. It’s included in the box :yum:

That’s just an extender, if you need to have the receiver outside of a closet while the Vero sits inside without a line of sight. It’s not needed, if a line of sight is there.

Hi,

You should have no issues with the Harmony.
The three apps you’ve mentioned aren’t in the App Store but can be installed trivially if you follow the HowTo guides on this forum. The HowTo section has quite a lot of handy resources: HowTo - OSMC Forums.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Sam

1 Like

Had no clue there is an IR-receiver on the box. As the box is taped behind my TV line-of-sight is a bit of a problem if I’m to lazy to go point the remote behind the TV :smile:
I also started using the OSMC-remote quite a lot; the RF responds more snappy and I don’t have to point it anywhere.

The IR extender is used to avoid line of sight issues and can be plugged in to the back of the unit. There’s also an internal IR receiver.

Sam

Thanks Sam. Looking to order from your shop off ebay as have a discount voucher- guess I will get the same level of support/warranty whether I buy from there or you guys direct?

Ta

Yes – we’re ‘osmcshop’ on eBay.
Same products; just on a different sales channel to gain more visibility.

Sam

1 Like