"a start job is running for set time using http query"

hmmpf… okay, need to think about to buy another SD card…

do you think I can just copy/duplicate my SD card image from the old to the new one?

If the SD card is faulty you may not be able to get much off it.

I would do a fresh install on a new SD, confirm that it solves the issue, you could then plug the old card into a USB SD card reader and plug that into the Pi - you might be able to copy your .kodi directory off it but I would not count on it.

Now hear and wonder:

I’ve connected the card via an adapter to my SD card reader in my macbook, just had a look on the data I saw…, removed it, plugged it in again into my rasp, booted again and it comes up again.

Just to prevent any misunderstanding: I’ve already removed and plugged it in before to test, if it’s not correctly plugged…

And now it hangs again during early boot phase (since 2-3 days)… this time without such a message (I’m not even able to display the messages on booting… F2 doesn’t work)

Maybe a problem with an update installation? I just saw the newly available update but wondered how I could install it via the menus… (so I didn’t explicitly install it)

Did you ever try another SD card ? Sounds like you have a failing SD card…

I finally need to try that… needing to buy a new one

Hello, mostly the same issue for me, but I can log-in via ssh.
I’ve just run system update via GUI interface from the TV.
Also I have a bad smile on a blue screen on my TV.
here the link with log:
http://paste.osmc.io/aximuponuj

Please, help me.
Thank you.

Please provide full logs with grab-logs -A

Hello, sorry I cannot provide you with requested logs due to SD card became totally corrupted :frowning:
I’ve ordered new one and will check it today.

Thank you for a quick reply.

Unless you have determined the card to have suffered hardware failure, a corrupted install can typically be overwritten with a new image and continue to function again.

Unfortunately the card had hardware failure. I tried to write image once more, but neither ubuntu nor windows could see it. It was said that it is a bad disk ((
SD Formatter didn’t help either.

I just recollected, that it was the problem with apt-get - it was error in 70debconf file (or similar).

Nevertheless, thank you all for the help.
I bought new card and now it works perfectly.

Glad to hear! Enjoy!

1 Like

Well, It IS AN ERROR. If system is not connected to network, it should not try to sync time…

Bitter much? You created an account just to whine about a 10 month old post?

And how do you suppose one finds out whether they are connected to the internet ?

By trying to connect to a server located on the internet and see if you get a response. That’s what the script is doing when it takes longer than usual. :wink: So no, it’s not an error.

Ok. I was bitter, sorry. I cannot give any real advice since I know nothing about Linux. Anyway isn’t it possible to check whether network cable is connected and if there are any wifi devices installed? It is my case…

Helloooo…

Don’t know if this was fixed, but experience the same issue on my Pi3, turns out the using an 8GB SD Card was the problem. My installation recently updated to Kodi 17 which triggered all the issues. Just added a 16GB SD and it’s working fine