Access OSMC Hard Drive from Laptop over WiFi

Hi,

I have connected an external hard drive to my OSMC media centre working on Raspberry Pi. This stores all my TV Shows and Movies and works perfectly, but I am now hoping to be able to access this hard drive from my laptop so I can transfer new shows and movies wirelessly. I have installed the SMB server from the My OSMC app store, and can access my OSMC folder but not the hard drive. Is there something furhter I need to within OSMC to allow access to the hard drive?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If you are referring to -valid=no in this block of options:

[automount template]
    browseable = yes
    -valid = no
    valid users = osmc
    path = %P
    hide files = /$RECYCLE.BIN/System Volume Information/desktop.ini/thumbs.db/

Then it should be there and is part of the smb.conf that we have provided with OSMC for many months.

It’s there for a good reason, to prevent the template appearing as a share in and of itself. (Specifying it as not valid prevents it directly appearing but still allows it to be instanced as an automount share)

This is how smb.conf should look:

If the December update changed it from this, let us know what change occurred. (We did not make any changes to Samba in December, but the upstream debian ‘samba’ package introduced a change that caused users to be prompted during the update process - this was outside our control)