ATV crystalbuntu - Wizard Removal

Hello

I hope someone may be able to assist, i installed a two wizards on my kodi and now all the menu buttons are not showing and everything is black. My question is is there a way i can remove store back to the standard menu? I can SSH into the box but no idea where to look.

Is there a preferences file where i can just remove/rename to return back to original menu?

thanks

SSH into the box and change into the addons directory. For Crystalbuntu this will be /root/.xbmc/addons/ or /root/.xbmc/addons/, if you have upgraded XBMC 13.2 to Kodi.

ls -l to see the list of addons that are installed. This will be the internal addon names, but they should still be fairly descriptive. You can also look at the modified date and time in the directory listing to see which ones were installed most recently (assuming your ATV1’s clock is set properly). Find the ones that match the wizards you installed and sudo rm -r the directories corresponding to the plug-ins. Then sudo halt to shut everything down and write everything to disk, give it about 10-15 seconds and unplug/replug the ATV.

Hope that helps!

Many thanks itdoesawesome for your post very useful, I found the plugin folder but I am having issues removing the directory. I receive a permissions issue when I am using the username and password atv, can you please confirm this the correct user account with correct privileges.

Thanks

Put sudo in front of any command you need to run as root (privileged mode). If prompted for a password, use the same password as the one for your atv account.

example shell session:

atv@atv:~$ cd /root/.xbmc/addons/
atv@atv:/root/.xbmc/addons$ ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug  9 22:37 metadata.album.universal
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Oct 25 20:16 some.evil.addon
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 19 08:43 weather.yahoo
atv@atv:/root/.xbmc/addons$ sudo rm -rf some.evil.addon
[sudo] password for atv: 
atv@atv:/root/.xbmc/addons$

Hopefully I’m getting all this right, as I’m going off of memory and how my other Kodibuntu box is setup, since I haven’t been in a position to SSH into my ATV1 for a few days.

Thanks your commands, I managed to delete the plugin directory but the wizard still appears, any ideas the wizard still appears at start up.