Audio lock on bitstream issue

I’m a relatively new owner of the Vero4k but a long term LibreELEC user. Recently, I’ve started experiencing audio lock issues. I sometimes have to start a movie twice before my processor locks onto the DTS-HD or Atmos soundtrack - until then there’s just silence. I’m unsure if it’s related to a recent update or not.

My audio settings are:

Number of channels: 7.1
Output Configuration: Best match
Keep audio device alive: Always
Send low volume noise: On
Allow passthrough: On
(All passthrough options set to on)

These feed bitstream to a Trinnov Altitude 32 processor. My files are on a Win10 server. I should add that exactly the same settings on my LibreELEC HTPC work fine from the same source files.

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing similar issues?

MS

We’ve made some improvements to passthrough which might help in your situation.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Many thanks for the fast response. I’ll give it ago and provide feedback in the next few days.

1 Like

Thanks – hopefully this will resolve the issue for you.

Sorry to report, no improvement. I tested about 8 movies, 3 of which I had to restart at least once to get audio.

Can you post logs so we can verify you have updated correctly?
Can you also let us know which HTPC you’re using to passthrough Atmos?

I’d also turn off Send Low Volume noise.

I will once I’ve read up on the log reporting protocol😊. There are also some other changes Inwant to try. Thanks.