Can I run a linux program in OSMC?

I did it now, I think, without sudo apt-get install build-essential first, since that’s how I understood your post. Was that right?

Seems to work now…will just move my .conf and see if it’s work…

You guys may have saved all my automatic downloads for weekly PDF’s…

EDIT:

/Söder

H Soder,

Looks as if its solved, if so please mark this thread as solved.

Yes everything after the PS was the correct order, anyway glad its all sorted.

Thanks Tom.

This program is great IMHO. Much better than stuff like CP or Sonarr, if you know what you want, and use Transmission and RSS feeds.

It takes some time with the RegExp, but when it’s correct, it just works.

I like that it’s a “normal” download started in Transmission, where I can set a specific path for just that… PDF…

In CP it’s just a download to /download, and then a lot of files need to be moved to the correct path, and the torrent might not work for seeding after that and stuff. This is just…great…

THANKS!!

/Söder

Don’t know exactly how to mark the thread as solved? I can mark stuff on a post…?

My next project is to get help from unRAID now making it run there.

/Söder

HI,

I’ve marked it as solved, for future reference; under the post with the solution: click the three little dots then the tick.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

It seems like it doesn’t autostart. I just rebooted the Vero, and after that it didn’t work.

What’s the best way to auto start this program?

/Söder

Hi,

using rc.local will probably be the easiest.

Thanks Tom.

Then only add the command “automatic” that starts the program?

Thanks for the link…

/Söder

Hi,

No you need to add the entry using the full path and also recommends running it as the osmc user, so you need to add:

su osmc -c /usr/local/bin/automatic

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Since this thread my Automatic has been working great. But now I have to edit my conf file, but can’t remember where all the files are. In /usr/local/bin there’s only the file Automatic , but I wonder where all the other files are.

Thanks.

/Söder

Hi,

according the linked github in your first post:

“Start Automatic with the command ‘automatic’. You may specify a different location for the configuration file
(the default one sits at /etc/automatic.conf)”

Tom

1 Like

Thanks!

=)

I guess there’s no way to stop and restart the program, but I shall just reboot the device instead?

/Söder