[HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

Yes… i see… it is working as supposed!

I just can’t make netflix work on my 4k, but you allready know that… :grin:

Rgds; Jesper

Thx for the tutorial, worked out well on my RaspberryPi 3

But due to updating to kodi 18 I now always get the notification that the OSMC skin isn’t supported and has been therefore deactivated.
Is there a way to get rid just of this notification (not all kodi notifications)?

yep, just change the api of the osmc-skin in addon.xml from 5.12 to 5.13.

But that’s a bit off topic :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Joakim,

Just wondering, in order to do this, do I still need to install kodi v18? Or can I use the most up to date version of OSMC, as that has Stretch as part of it?

Thanks,
Mark

You still need Kodi 18. Newest update to stretch is fine.

Sorry ActionA,

Could you elaborate what you mean please when you say “newest update to stretch is fine”?

I need to update to Kodi v18?

Thanks,
Mark

What is unclear?

What did you mean when you said “newest update to stretch is fine”?

Thanks,
Mark

This is fine. Or a standard update to stretch from previous. In this instance, stretch is stretch.

1 Like

Kodi v18 is needed for Netflix (not supported in v17). Stretch is needed to update to Kodi v18. So you 1st need to update to latest OSMC followed by an update to v18.

Ah, thank you very much for that explanation. All is clear now.

Are there any information about netflix + raspberry 1?

Leia will be available for the RP1, but the netflix addon will not work (written in the guide). Is the hardware too slow or not enough RAM?

Is there a chance to get it someday?

The device architecture is armv6, and widevine only works for ARMv7. Even if there was a library, it would be too slow.

Sam

1 Like

too bad, good old raspi goes to retirement… :worried:

There are many other good uses for it eg Build your own ADS-B receiver - Pi24 client for flight tracking | Flightradar24

I’ve been meaning to build one of these for my dad! Thanks for the reminder!

Well in Germany all the old DVB-T adapters that are now useless because of DVB-T2 will get a new life with that

does netflix only work on codie 18? or on 17.6? and who yes. how can I get the addon on my vero 4k? thx!

Search the forums here. Plenty of posts to answer your question.

Post 4 should be enough to get you going, just edited it to have the extracting of libwidevine to the instructions.