Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

How can I extract the widivine libraries?

Is there a script?

Please, let me know. My Netflix addon broke after the latest build.

uninstall netflix addon and reinstall it from my addons\video addons\netflix

Success! Sort of. I completely uninstalled the addon and the reinstalled from the repository.

After opening the app I logged in with the correct email address and can now see my account :tada:

The app opens and is mostly working now but I suspect that connection issues (I’m on a wireless connection) are keeping me from seeing videos (none of them will load).

enable debug logging restart and try to play a film/tv episode in netflix, when it doesn’t work. restart kodi (power menu-> exit) remove debug log and upload logs and post the url.
I can take a look to see if there is somethign obvius

I can browse the contents of netflix but when I want to reproduce I have a problem.
Here are the logs:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer :: OpenFile: http: // localhost: 58417 / manifest? Id = 80117698
NOTICE: Creating InputStream
ERROR: Interface_Filesystem :: get_property_values - invalid data (addon = ‘0x7061db58’, file = ‘0x57787c60’)
ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed
ERROR: CVideoPlayer :: OpenInputStream - error opening [http: // localhost: 58417 / manifest? Id = 80117698]
NOTICE: CVideoPlayer :: OnExit ()

Any one is able to help

looks like you are missing libwidevinecdm.so, have you just installed v.18. Gmc removed libwidevine from his nightlys a few days ago. You can add it yourself by using a script:

Getting libwidevine:

sudo apt-get install xz-utils
nano extract-libwidevine.sh

#!/bin/bash
wget  http://odroidxu.leeharris.me.uk/xu3/chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz -O /tmp/chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz           
tar xJf /tmp/chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so --strip-components=3
chmod 755 libwidevinecdm.so
if [ ! -d "/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/" ]; then                      
 mkdir /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/
fi
cp -ar libwidevinecdm.so /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/    
ln -fs /usr/lib/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/libssd_wv.so /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libssd_wv.so

chmod +x extract-libwidevine.sh
./extract-libwidevine.sh

[TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Raspberry Pi
Widevine problems
[TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Vero 2 & 4K
[TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Raspberry Pi

I have add the same problem.
I reinstalled the plugin but now I get always the error.

I can attach the part of the log:
19:54:25.689 T:1924788224 ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can’t
19:54:37.690 T:1924788224 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/
19:54:37.691 T:1924788224 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/) failed

thank you, you are great!
The only problem is the lack of sound.
This problem is with netflix and spotify, I have not tested more
The script required a small modification because it did not pass mkdir because the folder was already there

Patched the script, to look if the directory exists. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Joakim_Sandstrom !

EDIT EDIT JUST tested it… its working as supposed, just got confused… sry…

Is this line correct ? -

tar xJf /tmp/chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so --strip-component=3

The directory /usr/lib/chromium is not there after script is executed (vero 4k)

rgds; Jesper

It’s all on oneline in the script, the line is inside that tar file, so that you just extract that file not the whole image.

Yes… i see… it is working as supposed!

I just can’t make netflix work on my 4k, but you allready know that… :grin:

Rgds; Jesper

Thx for the tutorial, worked out well on my RaspberryPi 3

But due to updating to kodi 18 I now always get the notification that the OSMC skin isn’t supported and has been therefore deactivated.
Is there a way to get rid just of this notification (not all kodi notifications)?

yep, just change the api of the osmc-skin in addon.xml from 5.12 to 5.13.

But that’s a bit off topic :wink:

How to uninstall or disable OSMC skin?

Hi Joakim,

Just wondering, in order to do this, do I still need to install kodi v18? Or can I use the most up to date version of OSMC, as that has Stretch as part of it?

Thanks,
Mark

You still need Kodi 18. Newest update to stretch is fine.

Sorry ActionA,

Could you elaborate what you mean please when you say “newest update to stretch is fine”?

I need to update to Kodi v18?

Thanks,
Mark

What is unclear?

What did you mean when you said “newest update to stretch is fine”?

Thanks,
Mark

This is fine. Or a standard update to stretch from previous. In this instance, stretch is stretch.