I formerly used OSMC with RPI. Searcing and downloading subtitles worked great. However, after upgrading to Vero 4k, for some reason I am having great difficulty to find matching subtitles from my favorite services subscene.com and addic7ed.com.
- The subtitles search usually results in an empty list with no results (even though with manual check on the sites there are tons of subtitles for the movies searched).
- Sometimes I get subtitles for some TV series while watching movie.
- Sometimes I get an error message “couldn’t detect episode”, even though I am watching a movie with no reference to any episode etc. in the OSMC source folder or file path.
- Very rarely like 10% of time I find the correct subtitle for the movie. Even on these cases the search result list is usually shorter than should be found from the sub site.
I believe OSMC might be treating movie files as TV series episodes and thus cannot find any subtitles?
I have checked multiple times:
- the movies source folder on my NAS is marked as movies. I even removed it and added again.
- Movies are shown correctly in OSMC library.
- I have also checked language preferences multiple times and hits should be found.
Otherwise Vero 4k has been a great product and a nice upgrade from RPI.
Any ideas to try for finding subtitles? Thanks!