Cannot get Kodi 16.1 update

I’m using a RPi3 and when I try to check for updates to get Kodi 16.1 it comes up with the starting download popup box for a few seconds, then says error, report to the forum and then says no update is available when clearly it is.
My mate has had no issues getting the update on 2 cards this morning.
Any ideas?

Either provide debug logs or try it upgrade from command line:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

1 Like

Sorry, but very new to this and don’t know exactly how to do the above. It’s fairly new to me and my mate put OSMC on my card and he is at a loss as to why it’s not updating too.

I tried many times yesterday to update. It says starting download and then after approx. 5 seconds says Installation error. So it’s trying to get the update and I’m sure it managed to download an update and install it before.

Would using this card in a RPi2 until approx. 1 week ago and now using a RPi3 make any difference?

That should not make a difference

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

Success using putty and the above command lines. If I try to update now by a manual update in OSMC it says downloading and installing files 26-31 (approx 35mb) each time, should it do this and then say no more updates?

If the dist-upgrade finished without issues than that should not have happened.
Is it now finished? Maybe upload logs especially apt logs.

my log http://paste.osmc.io/ulunocebot

It still seems to download files 26 onwards and then say no update available. Also I can’t get 5.1 audio to work, my settings seem correct to how I had them in the past and it did work.

Based on the apt.log your last update was on 4th April and that was successful and your package list looks ok.
In regards to updates from within Kodi as you have several repositories installed that are know to mess around with the system they may cause this kind of issues.
As we can not give support for those repositories you are on your own here.