Can't access "nfs://<server>/" paths

Basic problem: kodi can’t scan lan for nfs shares.

I think this has to do with libnfs on the latest linux kernel: 4.10.16-200.fc25.x86_64. kodi can’t see any nfs shares on the lan, nor can it access files with prefix “nfs://<server/share>”, which is what is in my db’s. Although, I can manually mount an nfs share on the osmc box, and see files on that share.

This works on an older kernel: 4.8.16-200.fc24.i686.

I would post my entire log file, if really needed. But the two significant lines from it are:

05:54:17.674 T:1958731776   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
05:54:17.674 T:1958731776   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed**

Any and all help appreciated.
TIA

ken

PS: I have noticed several posts on various forums about similar problems. If this is a duplicate here,sorry. Just point me in the right direction. thx.

I’m not sure how you are using kernel 4.10 with OSMC on a raspberry pi. OSMC ships with 4.4 by default and OSMC is currently working on a migration to 4.9LTS.

Can you confirm you are running OSMC as your OS and the output of uname -a?

Does this only affect shares mounted in kodi? Does a kernel mount (ie NFS mounted via /etc/fstab) work ok?

I’m not sure how you are using kernel 4.10 with OSMC on a raspberry pi. OSMC ships with 4.4 by default and OSMC is currently working on a migration to 4.9LTS.

Can you confirm you are running OSMC as your OS and the output of uname -a?

4.10 kernel (Fedora 25) is running on file/db server. RPi is running 4.4.27-9-osmc.

Does this only affect shares mounted in kodi? Does a kernel mount (ie NFS mounted via /etc/fstab) work ok?

“Shares” are not mounted in kodi. kodi uses portmapper (via port 111 as seen by wireshark on the linux/server box) to scan network for NFS shares; it then uses a url prefix such as “nfs://server/share/”. These don’t work. Manually mounting a share on osmc via mount -t nfs server/share mountpoint (on osmc box) does work. That is identical to listing the shares in /etc/fstab. But all of the file paths in the kodi db’s are in the first format, and would be extremely difficult to change.

Addendum: this actually worked until last fedora 25 upgrade, which included several kernel nfs modules. I am thinking that one of those modules may be buggy. Did just find out that I can use path substitution to change all of the db’s paths. Will give that a try.

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. We are unable to resolve your issue. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

Has this issue been corrected?

This was a problem with rpcbind on Fedora 25, which has been fixed:

Kodi 17 libnfs problem, Ubuntu 16.04 16.10 (post #13).

1 Like