Can't read files from 4To HDD

Hello there!
I had Vero 4k for quite some time and it was working fine.
I’ve just updated my HDD from a 2To WD to a 4To WD, both are Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.
But with the new 4To, first, it is really slow to access files on the Vero, and when I do access my files, it can’t read them. There’s the loading Logo, “Please wait…” and that is it.
Can someone figure out what is wrong?
Thanks

Not Without:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Are you powering the drive with an external power supply or USB hub?

Thank you both for you replies:
@Tom_Doyle, I’m trying to upload but stuck on “Retrieving diskpace”. Via SSH, here is the link
https://paste.osmc.tv/diwanufufe
@sam_nazarko, via USB only

You need to power the drive properly or it won’t work.

Logs suggest that the drive isn’t getting enough power.

Oh ok, so I can’t use it with my Vero?

Hi,

Probably not without a powered usb hub. I use and can recommend the one available in the store:

Thanks Tom.

Thank you

1 Like