CEC keeps turning my TV on

Like the title says, CEC will randomly turn my TV on and it’s driving me nuts. Googling hasn’t turned up many answers. Any ideas?

Sounds like your system may be rebooting. That’s the only reason I can think that the TV would be turning on. (I guess Kodi crashing and restarting could also cause it). Easy way to tell if you system is rebooting would be to SSH in, and type uptime. That will tell you how long the system has been running (But not how long Kodi has been running, you’d have to look at the logs to see that)

18:53:14 up 8 days

Doesn’t look like total reboots are the cause. I’ll monitor for Kodi crashes and see if that is what’s causing it.

Yea, check the logs, rebooting isn’t the problem.

You may also want to try a different HDMI cable, as I found out recently a bad cable can cause odd problems. If you do try a different cable, reboot because I also found out that just replacing the cable may not fix problems till after a reboot.

If you go into settings->system->input devices you can change CEC settings. There is a setting that disables the on/off option for your TV.

Thank you, I’ll give it a try!