CEC turns TV on by itself after latest update

So I just started having this issue. It seemed to start after having Watchdog enabled, using a MySQL database to connect to Windows Kodi downstairs.

so this is also happening with my vero 4k+. whenever the screensaver is deactivated the tv starts. eventhough the option is turned off!

please help how can I resolve this? I know for a fact the tv boots whenever kodi database is running for new media.

This is a year old topic. You should probably start a new topic, and include logs from when the problem occurs.

My question would be if the TV is off, how is the screen saver deactivating? And how are you scanning for media if the TV is off?

I have jellyfin (free emby) managing all my media and I have the jellyfin addon installed on the vero.

pretty much whenever it gets a sync request from the server it turns on the tv. I noticed it because I also have home assistant for my home automation and added the lg smart tv as a component I can control.

when the sync update is done the screensaver gets activated again and it shuts down the tv + home cinema again but its freaking annoying.

I tried using sleep and hibernate but that also does not work as it wakes up anyways and starts the tv.

EDIT: Pretty much the only thing CEC needs to do for me is let me control VERO with my LG magic remote. So from tv to vero and block all other features going to the tv.

I would suggest that you contact the developer of that addon then. I have a python script that I use to scan my library, and my TV does not wake up when I run the script.

On your LG TV go to settings>all settings>connections and try turning the “Mobile TV On” setting off and see if that stops the behavior. If this makes no sense to you and you never setup the TV with a phone, then welcome to the club. If that setting by itself does not stop the TV turning on by itself then in the same section go to “HDMI Device Settings” and disable “Auto Power Sync”.

so I think kodi enables my AVR which in turn starts the tv because of the audo power sync.

Disabling auto power sync hopefully can be used a last resort because I dont want to use my huge denon remote ever :smiley:

I did disable mobile tv on. so who knows maybe that helps.

On your Denon you should probably also set for it to passthrough as last source if it is not already (seems to make a difference on mine). You should also have options in your Denon for it to turn on/off with the TV if that is necessary. My understanding of this issue is basically CEC devices advertise their power state on the bus and LG seems to be quite keen with default settings to turn on when any device announces it has not only turned on, but woken up as well. That setting in Kodi is regarding it sending a command to tell devices to turn on, which is a completely different thing than power state.