Connection to synology via NFS not possible since Vero4K+

Dear community,

I recently get my new 4K+ and cannot access via NFS anymore. The „old“ vero4K had no problems after some adjustments in the setup of the synology NAS. I have changed absolutely nothing. Anyone with similar issues?

Cheers Marc

Nope. Does your Vero4k+ by chance have a different IP address and your Synology NAS only accepts NFS exports to the old Vero4K IP?

Check it out. Ssh into the vero 4K+, and check if yoru NAS exports NFS shares with:

showmount -e

and if it does, try mounting manually one NFS share.

I got a message „clnt_create:RPC:Program not registered.

Are they both on the same version of OSMC?

Yes

when I try to mount fstab I got following message from vero4K+: mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

You better provide us a full log. Without it, we won’t be able to “think” what the issue is.

Hi smurphy, followed your first tip. Yes synology allows a nfs connection only per IP address. I changed it to the new and now I have access to my nas. Will investigate further for fstab mounting… you’re all are great :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Cool :wink:

I don’t use NFS for exactly this reason. I have my Synology configured to do cifs/fstab mounting. This is absolutely critical for streaming 4K content, as native SMB in Kodi wasn’t fast enough. Instead of implementing NFS and being bound to an IP, I decided to do cifs mounting like so:

//synology/Movies /mnt/Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=movies,password=xxxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

Be sure to update your sources.xml file to add /mnt/Movies.