Considering TCL 55P607

what do you folks think of adding a page to the wiki

CEC Known Compatible Devices
Vendor, Model, Device_type 1/4, CEC (Full, No, Partial), Date confirmed, Notes

Sony, X690E, 4, Full, 2017/11/20, NA
TCL, 55p607, 4, No, 2017/11/20, Recognized by TV but no CEC controls passed to OSMC
Samsung, LN46A650, 4, Full, 2017/11/20, NA
Samsung, LN40A750, 4, Full, 2017/11/20, it takes about 30 seconds for CEC to begin functioning after a cold boot
Vizio, 4K D 2017, ?, Full, 2017/11/20, NA.

edit CEC Known Compatible Devices

I think it’s easier to list problematic sets than all sets, if that makes sense

Sam

Understood!

Quote from review site rtings

With CEC enabled, HDMI devices do turn off when the TV is turned off, but the TV’s remote can’t be used to navigate the menu of our PlayStation 3 or Samsung UHD Blu-ray player, which is possible on many other TVs with CEC.

Ahh bummer. Back in the crate

1 Like

I’ll again recommend that you check out the Vizio 4K @Landspeeder :wink:

1 Like

That’s certainly a very loose implementation of CEC.

Agreed. Certainly advertising as having CEC when only implementing audio ARC and power state seams… Very odd. Given how excellent the TV OS is, and how responsive the apps are, I cannot imagine the unit is lacking sufficient umph to use a decades old standard… And given that it can send power state info I have trouble understanding why a choice to send controls is lacking.
Tested Vizio M 2017 in store, and the app loading was very slow. Vizio P 2016 said i needed to pair a phone to load apps. No D series was hooked up to try. From what I’m reading, all but the D used chrome cast via an external phone or tablet only until recently… And 2017+ launch apps via chrome cast from a local host emulator… Odd choice.
Played with 9000 Samsung - what a perfectly minimal remote, quick app screen, but strangely had adverts on the screen.
Played with a Sony 900e, but app screen reminds me of Amazon Fire interface which is Horrid. The perc is that it has not only optical, but stereo RCA out so no need for me to rerun any cables compared to existing setup. Remote feels super cheap.
Finally played with an LG OLED. Wow, perfect picture, perfect fast app ribbon layout… Bloody expensive… And remote is a bit overblown.
Hopefully the next gen release of kodi’s Amazon prime and Netflix will be good enough to use the TV as a dumb screen :slight_smile: