Content stutters when Wifi is on

Hey guys,
I’ve got a weird issue. My Vero 4k+ has stuttering issues when playing video content and wifi is enabled but not even connected. I’m connected via Ethernet. If I turn off Wifi it’s smooth again. The problem is that Wifi turns itself on once in a while and then I’m left in confusion why it’s stuttering again until I check if the Wifi enabled itself again. Any solutions to this?

Edit: Logs https://paste.osmc.tv/peyiherale

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Sure! The Post is updated with logs now.

You’ve installed Network Manager, which will conflict with connman and seems to be causing some issues, such as starting WiFi.

May 27 10:40:13 MediaPlayer NetworkManager[270]: <info> [1590568813.8766] NetworkManager (version 1.6.2) is starting...

I don’t know how critical Network Manager is to your Docker installation, but it really should be removed.

I don’t remember ever installing it so I don’t know why it’s there. And I probably don’t need it. How do I get rid of it?

It was installed on 22 Nov 2019:

Start-Date: 2019-11-22  23:45:34
Commandline: /usr/bin/apt-get-real install network-manager
Requested-By: homeassistant (1001)

If you remove it, homeassistant might also be removed. You’ll need to give it a dry-run:

sudo apt-get purge network-manager --dry-run

It’ll tell you what will also be removed.

1 Like

It worked thank you! Now having Wifi toggled on or off doesn’t make a difference either!

The dry-run option will simply tell you what it intends to do, but doesn’t actually remove anything. I assume that you also ran it without that option – and it didn’t remove homeassistant.

Yes correct!