Crash Issue

Does this issue happen if you use Estuary or the OSMC skin instead of Box?

• The log shows an uptime of 470 seconds (7 mins 50 secs).
  • The journalctl command was run at 13:18:25.
  • So we can say that the device actually started somewhere around 13:10:35.
  • The gap is caused by the Vero4K+ not having a battery-backed real-time clock, so it needs to wait until the network comes up to get the real time from the Internet. (12:55 comes from the ā€œfake hwclockā€.)

The only information in the logs relating to the crash is in the old Kodi log. This shows that Kodi started at 12:55:55 and the last entry is at 12:57:12, a duration of 1min 17secs. Beyond that, I can infer nothing else from the rest of the logs since they only show details since the restart.

You memtion one possibility: ā€œone of the add-ons Iā€™ve installed isnā€™t playing well with OSMCā€. To eliminate this possibility, you need to see if itā€™s stable on a completely vanilla installation.

The customer chose to return the device for a refund.

I sent them a new device (tested personally) which would solve the problem, or rather work as expected, but they donā€™t wish to test this so will be returning it as well.

Will update the thread when I get the original hardware back as I suspect it could have been problematic.

2 Likes

Tested the original device. There was one DRAM unit which was faulty, which explains OPā€™s issues.

@a.r.talbot - I have issued a refund in full to your original payment method.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like