Disney+ Addon need Inputstream.adaptive 2.4.4

Hello,

As you may know Disney+ is out, and an addon is already available (Disney+ Kodi Add-on), unfortunately it requires inpustream.adaptive in version 2.4.4 (which was out on the 9th of april).

Could you please update the inputstream addon to this latest version, or maybe indicate me how I can install it myself ?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Few weeks back when the quarantine started I bought a 1080p chromecast. I didn’t want to for a very long time but considering playback on the vero is limited to 720p and in my experience even that can be choppy if the content has a lot of Bitrate I finally did it.

I’m aware chromecast is far from the perfect playback device but to watch 1080p Netflix etc on my now 10+ year old tv it’s perfect

You could try the staging repository for now

Sam

Hi Sam,
I am also interested in getting Disney+ working on my Vero 4K
Can you give a quick intro in how to install the stage version?!

Check this info on how to install staging, but be advised in staging there might be versions offered that done not work!

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

2 Likes

I have activated the stage version, but inputstream stays at version 2.4.3

I was searching for a compiled version in the internet, but could only find them for the LibreElec distribution.
Disney+ on LibreElec is working fine on my Pi3, but I couldn’t find a solution for OSMC up to now…

Thanx - works great for me :wink:
@heinzelmann: I disabled the normal apt main entry

Vero 4K/4K+ users can already grab a build from staging as we were testing some other improvements.

For Pi users and Vero 2 users, builds should be ready in about 3 hours in staging with the latest InputStream.

I’d be interested in people’s feedback.

1 Like

Hi,

Tested on pi3, working.

Thanks Tom.

Did we get the input stream update if we’re testing the 4.9 kernel? I’d like to get Disney+ running on my 4K+, but there’s a limit to the number of different test and staging repos I’m willing to run at the same time. :wink:

working tnx @sam for bumping inputstream.adaptive :slight_smile:

Probably. If not – you’ll get it on the next Kodi update, which will be soon.

1 Like

Just tested Disney Addon and works fine, using 4.9 kernel.

Disney+ addon working on vero 4k+, tested as per fzinken instructions.
Thanks!

Same here Disney+ working on two pi3’s after using staging area update instructions :+1:
Children very happy…

Working well for me here too. Before this I was only able to watch Disney+ by using a Windows machine connected via HDMI running a web browser, so I was only getting 720p with stereo. The addon is still limited to 720p, but at least I get full surround now. I’m using a 7 year old 1080p TV, so the video quality from where I sit is fine. When I get a new TV I’ll probably switch over to using the app on the smart TV so I can get higher quality video too.

perfect, thanks…

funcionando perfectamente !!

Hi all! Any news on next Kodi update that will include inputstram.adaptive 2.4.4 needed to run Disney+ add-on?
Thanks & Cheers

Kodi 18.7 has not need released yet and this is what the OSMC team are waiting on before the next update. You can update now using the staging repository but if you’d prefer to wait for a stable release you’ll have to wait a little longer.

Ok, thanks for quick reply. Just wondering if I can update only inputstream.adaptive frome the staging… Once changed the source.list could I do something like

sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive

?
Thanks again for your time!