Do not use "idle mode" in my Vero2

The problem still seems localised here. The best way to identify and fix the issue would be to follow the suggestions previously recommended.

Did you actually test a short period of time? Does turning off the TV for 5 mins then turning it back on not cause any problems?

I would also suggest a full system log (via My OSMC).

Is CEC set to put device in standby when tv input changes or is turned off?

Which suggestions do you mean ? I think I’ve done whatever you’ve asked or suggested.

I made the test this evening. No problem. Vero2 is still running.

I’ve looked My OSMC\logs but… Which log do you want ? Can you explain me ?

I’m not sure to understand the question… CEC ??
The TV settings do not turn off the hdmi connected elements. For example, Google Chromecast works well.

Try the edid setting for amhdmitx.

Upload all logs via My OSMC after you exhibit the problem.

The Vero 2 won’t ‘idle’ HDMI. If the signal dropped out as soon as you turned off the TV, that would make some sense, but the fact that it only dies after several hours after powering off the TV, it suggests that something else might be at play here. I would try removing attached peripherals to the Vero 2 and the TV as well.

I’ve done it. No visible effect. Problem is still there.

Hi

You might need to be a bit more verbose than that. Can you show the command that you ran and the output?

Sam

Hi.

I’ve done

sudo -s

Then
I’ve done

echo ‘edid_on’ > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

Nothing happened. I thought that “echo” command will display something, but no.

The command suggested above instructs the Vero 2 to use the EDID to determine the appropriate mode to display instead of the ‘force’ method which derives it from U-Boot at startup.

I can’t really think of why you are experiencing this problem. If it were a bug then we would see more than one report of the problem. Your system journal shows lots of HPD events in quick succession, as if a cable was being inserted and removed every few seconds.

I would remove any other attached equipment (other attached peripherals). It would also be interesting to know if this occurs with another TV in the house.

Sam

May be the hdmi port of Vero2 has a default ?

I’ve already done it. It doesn’t change nothing.

Ok, I’ll try this tonight

Hello.
I come back after many new tests.
It still does not work.
And worse, since the last update Vero2 (a few days), I can’t reboot anymore Vero2 with the iPhone application “Sybu Kodi”.
I have to unplug the power supply and to reconnect it :frowning:

1 - I tested Vero2 on another TV (one night). Vero2 froze. But was still detected by the TV. But we could not use it.

2 - The only time my TV has detected Vero2 was the morning Vero2 had downloaded the update and asked me if I wanted to install it.
So I told myself that if the update message meant that the connection between the TV and Vero2 is not lost, I could set the screensaver (which displays images) and so the TV will detect that Vero2 always logged.
Unfortunately, it does not change.

3 - I tested with no HDD connected and without the dongle remote = It does not work.

4 - I removed all other HDMI connections = It does not work.

5 - I tried all HDMI ports (4) = It does not work.

6 - I’ve changed the TV idle parameters = It does not work (it’s logical, the tv is not idle).

Perhaps is it related to a problem of the tv as you seem to think (if I understand your request to test with another tv).
But could you explain to me then why even when I use the same HDMI port and the same HDMI cable, the raspberry pi 2 works properly?
Could you explain why Chromecast plugged on the same HDMI port works the following morning?

I am beginning to despair and begins to look toward a Plex server with Chromecast :frowning:
This is not what I wanted but … I’m starting to not have much choice.

Please…

Hi

Something isn’t right here obviously. As you can imagine there are a lot of Vero 2 users, and they don’t need to regularly power cycle their device for it to keep working.

Unless you are in a really (:fire:) hot climate, I can’t see a reason why you should be experiencing regular freezing. I note that you now say you cannot log in via SSH after you lose control of the device. You also say you now get a picture on the second TV after resuming the system, but it is stuck.

It’s possible an add-on or software is causing this problem. I would recommend the following:

• Go to Download - OSMC and grab the latest software
  • Re-install OSMC on your device.
  • Ensure you have only the remote dongle connected via USB, and that your Vero 2 is connected directly to a wall socket. Some users have had issues with some long extension chords or ‘wall gang’ type sockets.

I would then advise that you try the Vero 2 on TV2, and if things work normally move it back to the originally intended display.

Sam

Ok, I’ll upload it tonigth

Which linux distribution do I download ?
After; I guess I have to copy the file to Vero2 via SSH.
But after, how can I re-install OSMC ? Can you give me the command to launch ?
I’m not a great linux user… :wink:

Thanks

Pascal

You just need an SD card and a computer. If you have Windows, download the Windows installer, and select Vero 2. This will set up the SD card for you. No Linux knowledge is necessary.

Sam

And I put the SD card in Vero2 slot ?
Vero2 will start automatically on this SD card ? No need to change the boot order ?

It should start automatically indeed, but if it doesn’t, there is a way to force an SD boot. One step at a time though :slight_smile:

Hi Guy,

I have the same problem with my Vero 2.
At the night I listen some music stream and turn off my TV. I still listen the music with my hifi.
On the next morning the Music is off. I turn on the TV - nothing. I press some buttons at the remote - nothing.
I try to connect via SSH - works. After an restart (via SSH or the power plug) all works fine again.

When the Vero 2 is on and nothing is played and the TV is off. After some time I get the same failure.
So I need to restart the Vero 2.

I think the failure with my music is, that in the night there will be an connection lost. The Vero 2 stops playing and going in this crazy mode.

Setup:

Vero 2 (Lastet Update)
HDMI connection to “Telefunken” TV. (The TV do not support CEC!)
Analog audio connection to my Hifi.

SMB Mount via fstab to /mnt
tvheadend client (No Server!)
CEC Service disabled via Kodi settings.

I have try it with an absolutely clean installation without any changes. There is the same fail :frowning:

Cool, I am not alone! :slight_smile:

Please tell me if you find a solution to our problem…

I have re-install OSMC this evening. We’ll see tomorrow…

It’s possible the issue is similar, but the user reports a complete freeze. You are reporting that you can restart Kodi via SSH.

I haven’t seen confirmation that the issue is related to the TV the OP is using, because there is no indication of HPD events being the issue. It happens overnight, and not with a brief unplug and replug of the HDMI cable, although the system log we saw previously was strange.

I was testing some clips on my laptop, and mounted a share via SSHFS on my Vero 2. I accidentally close the lid during playback and this froze Kodi. If you are keeping a file handle open and the connection is lost, Kodi does not always handle that gracefully. I suspect that may be the issue here. The next time that you experience a freeze, try sudo systemctl restart mediacenter. If this brings the system back to life, then this may be the problem, and we can look at a log and see what might be happening in more detail.

Sam

Is there any setting to start the Vero 2 without an active TV?
Like the hdmi_force_hotplug at the pi?