DTS-HD MA 7.1 100% processors and jerky picture

That’s a very strange encode for a modern film.
Hi10 has been deprecated for some time, and is usually exclusive to the anime scene.

0 Likes

Thank you guys for this. Can I easily encode it to 8bit so it will play OK?

What about having PCM all the time no matter what audio it’s playing? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance again.

0 Likes

Need to see a debug log to advise on that.
See https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/.

Yes – transcoding to 8-bit will do the trick. Hi10 isn’t really a specification that exists outside of the anime communiy.

Sam

0 Likes

Why does it exist in the anime community. Does HDR use 10 bit? What 10 bits are we talking about? 10 bit color? I am asking because on some occasions a friend of mine has given me some files and I do get high CPU usage and jerky video on my Vero 4K. However this has never been a problem with bluray rips.

What if I start buying blurays from some animes, how does this affect me or can affect me?

0 Likes

10 bits refers to color. Apparently the reason why anime uses it is because it compresses well with little quality loss (for anime, not for other sources). You will not find it on real bluray releases.

0 Likes

Blu-ray spec is 10-bit HEVC for 4K content
Hi10 (h264) is not a commercial standard; so real world content won’t cause you a problem as you’ve noticed.

Anime on Blu-ray will be in spec and therefore not present a problem.

Sam

0 Likes

Just swapped my Vero 4k for my old Popcorn 110 (so same HDMI, same external HDD, same input in the receiver and all movies play with according symbol on the receiver’ s display (Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-HD Master and so on) so no PCM at all. So it does look like something is wrong with my Hero as it had all the symbols before. Now only PCM no matter what track it plays. And like I’ve said no stand by blue led on the front anymore.

So why should I do? The other file I understand the problem was 10bit colour costing as other dts-hd files are playing OK. But not the sound for all the tracks is a problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Well did you see this post?

0 Likes

Oohhh yeah sorry… did that already but not sure if it went OK. The address it gave me at the end is:

Https://paste.osmc.tv/icaqugekad

Please let me know if the logs are there?

Radek

0 Likes

16 days with no reply. So what I should do now? Is there something wrong with my Vero? As per my post my reciever is not picking up anymore any decoding types (DTS, True HD, DTS-HD Master and just showing PCM for all type of files, and no blue standBy/On light on the front).

Can you see something from the logs? Does it have to be replaced?

Thanks again for all the help.

Radek

0 Likes

I can see <usedisplayasclock>true</usedisplayasclock> in your logs…

Please disable “Sync playback to display” under Settings/Player/Videos.

0 Likes

Indeed. That should resolve the issue

0 Likes

Thank you guys.

But there is still something wrong with it. The mentioned change did the trick but only for the none-HD formats! I see DTS and Dolby on my Reciever hovewer any TrueHD and DTS-HD MA doesn’y play at all… No sound coming from the Vero. Switching to my old Popcorn plays is all fine so all is good on the reciever’s end. Everything on Vero is set as Passthrough.

And still no LED light (small cross on the front of the unit) so clearly something went off there.

Issue with the 10bit file with DTS-HD MA audio I put to rest. I understand it’s the specific codec issue so I have no problems with that. As long as I know what exactly is wrong, I’m fine with that.

Please help.

Thanks again

Radek

0 Likes

Hi,

What do you see on the Pioneer amp during playback when you hear no sound?
A fresh log (with debugging) after making the changes @Chillbo suggested would be helpful

0 Likes

On it… Will post it today… On the amp nothing changes. It’s just showing Stereo as before pressing the play button.

Radek

0 Likes

OK, so here we go… latest logs. After enabling it I played ona DTS file (works OK) and one DTS-HD file which used to work, straight after - (no sound, nothing on the recievr’s display.)

https://paste.osmc.tv/ezayibuquw

Thanks,

Radek

0 Likes

Any idea what’s going on?

Much appreciated. it was serving me really well but these days I spend more time investigating and reearching what’s wrong with it than use it really.

It would be good to have it beck to “set and forget” mode.

Radek

0 Likes

split this topic #21

6 posts were split to a new topic: HD audio passthrough not working

0 Likes

split this topic #22

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: HD audio passthrough not working

0 Likes

closed #23
0 Likes