Error resulting in black screen and RPi needs power cycle

~5 minutes of not using RPi [no actions performed] OSMC crashes
For a 3 sec after black screen appears it has some commands showing up in a corner
And then screen going blank [HDMI], [no signal]

I had this problem on previous instalation

I have just finished fresh installation, put back some old aps, but it came back most likely as I have copied settings across [not aps].

Could you help please?

Log
https://paste.osmc.tv/yojijuhade

I would suggest that you removed the banned addons, and see if that clears up your problem.

you might see them in the exported settings probably, but there isn’t any, barely installed sys with few apps from official only

Your best bet to be sure you have a clean system is do a complete cnew install, without all the banned stuff. Then slowly add things until you see the problem again so you know what add-on is causing it.

Also the logs you supplied were not full debug logs.

Heck :frowning:

Logs were exported directly to https://paste.osmc.tv/yojijuhade as full option from OSMC application, got to say I didn’t research it beforehand, but since it’s called ‘full’ inside OSMC I assumed it’s full full…

Thanks for tips!

You need to enable debugging:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi.

I have prepared log as per instructions and if you think you can help me and it will contribute to community, I’m ready to take on it.

If you think it’s nothing obvious I will start rolling my sleeves up to set it up from scratch!

Thanks for taking your time on that :v:

https://paste.osmc.tv/ejurajijoh

I don’t see any crash in the log you just posted, but I do see that you did not do as I asked and start with a clean install without the banned addons and repos. Please do that, and then slowly add addons until you can reproduce the problem. Then send logs.

Ok

Although as I said before, it’s clean install with imported settings and specifically no banned ad ons installed.

What apps? What settings? Does the issue occur on a fresh install prior to doing this? How do you power the pi?

installed add ons
ExtendeInfo Script
ExtendeInfo Script Rate
Trakt, +context +rating button
MyEpisodes
AutoSubs
Backup
Subtitles: opensubtitles.org, napiprojekt.pl, Podnapisi.net
Yahoo weather
AEON MQ6 UI sounds
Aeon NOX
Amber UI sounds
Nebula UI sounds
Rapier UI sounds
any any dependencies installed in background

Settings were imported from old system that also had this problem.

I experienced problems only after later as I didn’t expect problems on only fresh from img so didn’t check.

Pi is powered always the same way, 2A original Samsung charger + trough external hard-drive that gets powered from trough USB3 1A or 2A supply that also feeds Pi

Then I would never import these old settings again then.

Hi,

The charger probably isn’t constantly providing 2 amps, I would recommend getting an a 2.5 amp psu designed for the pi. There’s one in the osmc store, or get the official Raspberry Pi Universal Power Supply.

Thanks Tom.

And before the OP asks why replace it as it was working before: Because chargers do lose power over time.

1 Like