Estuarys player outlook to Osmc?

Just a question regarding Estuarys videoplayer outlook. I think it’s perfect to me. Is it too much work or even possible to change the Osmcs videoplayer something like Estuary? Not saying someone should do it and paste it here. I like tinkering xml-files and changing buttons but dont know if its too much work to do. How do I know what xml-files are included on videoplayer? I’ve already tried something but haven’t succeeded. I am a noobie with this so thats why I’m asking someone who can create these from scratch that is this something I can do in reasonable time?

So just go to Settings -> Interface and change the skin to Estuary.

:joy: Yeah, I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I like Osmc skin and like to use it but hate the player. That’s why I wan’t to change just the player.

Then you need to bribe @Chillbo.

What don’t you like? Can you elaborate?

1 Like

The outlook for me is too small, text I mean and I’m not keen on the overlay coloured background (too light and you don’t see the buttons). Also I don’t understand why there are so many buttons for rewind, slowmo and chapter. Don’t know how often people use those, but I must say that I don’t ever use any of those. And everytime I need to download subtitles I must go through those “click click click”. Maybe seems quite vain but for me its annoying. On estuary the timeline (text) is also very clear and big. It’s just simple and the dark background is good. I just changed to Osmc skin and I like it very much. Player isnt just for me. I’ve removed those forward and rewind buttons so I only have now pause and stop. And I think this is the way to go with this. I’m probably going to resize text and location and change the background to something else than the all around overlay.

Oh and I really would like to add the Estuary like cursor (blue circle) rather than just colouring icon. It’s also clearer for me. Don’t know how to do it yet but I’m going to find out. And Sam…for me it’s not THAT BAD player. Just some minor things. I’m quite picky when it comes something like this. :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean by this, but I love the indication Estuary gives you when you hit the skip forward/backward buttons so you can see where it’s going to resume in the timeline.

I mean the blue circle indicator. I’ve managed to edit outlook more or less my liking, tho still work to do. Where I can find osmc skin widget information? I’ve copied the original /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc to skin.custom and edited that way. But can’t find widget setup that I’ve created on original osmc. Is it hidden somewhere? Also I realized it would have been quite a work to create exactly the look that estuary have.

The widget/home screen customization settings are either to be found in the settings of the skin.osmc addon or the script.skinshortcuts addon under /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data. More like in the skinshortcuts folder… :+1:t2: If you have some changes you made that you like, feel free to post some screenshots for us to have a look whether there’s some room for general improvements. I’m always open to change, but I don’t have much time on my hands atm :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! Found them. Well don’t know if I have anything really new to show cause I have just made the look more like the Estuary. Let’s see if I put some pics when I’m done.