Extreme audio sync issues

I bought a Vero 4K a while ago, hoping to have a seamless transition from my G1610 HTPC to a 4K ready platform.

Apart from some “weird” things like not supposed to turn it off, laggy remote control via Harmony (forced to use the included remote) I have it working.

However… when playing certain files (mostly MP4) and scrubbing through videofiles the audio gets extremely out of sync, sometimes stopping and restarting playing (not pause) fixes it but most of the time it doesn’t. When you pause the sound or image keeps going while the other one has already stopped.

I have an Lg C9 65inch paired with a optical out and a pioneer vsx920. The vero is hooked up to the tv directly and even when only using the internal tv speakers the issue persists (so not an optical out issue).

All in all the experience has been “meh wish I would have stayed with my htpc and all the rest of my media is playable by Plex natively on the TV/soon Apple TV new edition”.

It’s for a certain usecase i need to be able to play video files directly and not indexable by Plex…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot: