Frowny face when encountering wma file

Does OSMC support wma files? Scanning or opening a folder with wma files causes a crash.

Generally WMA files are supported, but not the Pro version and some other specific versions. To check what goes wrong I suggest to enable debug logs and share them.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Are you using a NFO file?

OK, thanks. I’ll get the logs uploaded.

My other media center with an RPI4 running Kodi has no problems scanning the very same WMA files. And my Vero 4K - OSMC media center did once do a successful scan of all the WMA files.

My logs are at: https://paste.osmc.tv/uparijelow

I also went into the WMA files being scanned during the crash and cleaned up many of the unusual or duplicated tags. They still cause OSMC to frowny face.

I am considering performing a fresh OSMC install on my Vero 4K to get past this problem.

I don’t see any attempt to scan files in the logs you posted. Please reboot twice, run the scan and then post new logs.

We’ve provided a very specific, and not terribly complicated way to provide logs. Use paste.osmc.io

2 Likes