HdHomerun buffer

Hi. Recently purchased a Vero 4K and am very impressed. Live tv through my hdhomerun plays much smoother and seems more stable than it did through my nvidia shield which I’m pleased about. Only problem I’m getting is every 5-10mins or so, live tv buffers for a few seconds, then all good again for another 5-10mins. Happens through both the hdhomerun addon and hdhomerun pvr. Running through OnTappTv guide, which I imagine shouldn’t be affecting anything as it just plays stream links. Are there any settings I could change, such as buffer cache for example? (Although I have no idea how to do this!). Would a usb tv tuner be more reliable than an hdhomerun as it wouldn’t be streaming on a local network, but rather direct from tv aerial to vero? Thanks in advance.

How is Vero 4K connected to the network?

Hey Sam. Thanks for the quick response. Connected via Ethernet.

You could try some improvements for Live TV:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thanks Sam, but I think that’s way beyond my ability to be honest! No idea where to start with that type of thing.

I’ll try and give it a go though as I wouldn’t mind learning about using a command line. Thanks.

The changes will be in the next automatic update, so you can just wait a couple of weeks for this to get rolled out.

Sam

Ok thanks man!