HDMI-CEC is not working

Hi, I just installed the April update and now CEC isn’t working anymore. I disabled and enabled the CEC adapter in settings, but with no luck.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46HX755 and CEC worked just fine with the last update.

Here are my logs: Log Files

Hi

I’m building a new Kodi build which may resolve this issue. I would appreciate if you could test it out, and will let you know when it’s ready.

CC @gda

Sam

Hi

Please try this Kodi build and let me know how it goes:

wget http://apt.osmc.tv/pool/main/v/vero2-mediacenter-osmc/vero2-mediacenter-osmc_16.0.0-14_armhf.deb -O- kodi.deb
sudo dpkg -i kodi.deb
sudo systemctl restart mediacenter
rm kodi.deb

If issues persist a fresh Debug log would be appreciated

Sam

My TV recognizes a CEC signal after I start OSMC (it’s displayed as Kodi on my TV), but the TV remote still doesn’t work and the “Kodi” label vanishes after a few seconds. Here’s a new log: New Logs

Try the new kernel which waits a little longer before resetting the transmit queue:

wget apt.osmc.tv/pool/main/v/vero2-source-3.10.101-1-osmc/vero2-image-3.10.101-1-osmc_1_armhf.deb -O kernel.deb
sudo dpkg -i kernel.deb
rm kernel.deb
sudo reboot

Please note the above kernel is 100% experimental. I haven’t really got a chance to test it yet, they’re fresh from build server.

Sam

Now my TV isn’t showing Vero as Kodi anymore on boot. Tried disabling/enabling CEC adaptor in Kodi and setting HDMI port to 2 (that’s the port Vero is connected to).

Here’s another set of debug logs

I will speak to @gda about this. Another user contacted me and reported an issue with a Sony TV, so there may be a quirk that needs addressing there.

I believe this is the logical address rather than the HDMI port. You will need this set to 1 (Player) as that how U-Boot configures the CEC bus.

Sam

I tried to set it back to 1, but now the setting itself is gone. There’s only “physical address” left (set to 0)

I have no idea where you are setting the logical address? But maybe I am using a Kodi version that doesn’t show it.

I need anyway the kernel log to see what could be the problem.

Gerald

The setting was there under devices → cec after I booted. It wasn’t there before and now it’s gone. That’s really strange^^

So, here’s a fresh set of kernel logs. Logs

Strange, again TX busy state, I have never seen this with OpenELEC, till now it happens only with OSMC.

Currently I have no idea.

Gerald

I was going to email Gerald today, but I see he beat me to the mark and replied to the post quite promptly. I’ll send him an email with some specifics. In the interim, can you try connecting to another non Sony TV and letting me know if the issue persists? This may narrow things down.

Sam

I just wanted to say that, with the latest OSMC update, CEC is working perfectly for me now.

1 Like

Hi
I use two Vero 2 box.
Prod Vero (not updated in avril
Test Vero (with latest avril update from saturday)
I try a minimal installation, modify only network settings and install samba and ssh. No data in library. Test with two TV

First TV: Toshiba 26EL834G Firmware 1.05
CEC don’t work,
I test with the prod Vero2 CEC don’t work also

Second : Sony Bravia KDL55HX920 Firmware PKG4.027EUA-0104
CEC dont work for test Box, work’s fine with the prod box

Le log is here

Can I do more for help.

Michael

To those still experiencing CEC issues, please try the latest kernel and report back with debug logs if you still have a problem.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vero2-image-3.10.101-5-osmc

Please note it may take up to an hour for this kernel to become available in our repository.

@michael47 – I recommend you update your Production device to the April update. We addressed a lot of Vero issues in that update.

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam

It’s work for me on the Sony TV. i found some errors messages in the log

And in the Debian update this error message

Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link /lib/modules/3.10.101-5-osmc/source
However, I can not read the target: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/3.10.101-5-osmc/source

Merci Sam, your team (and kszaq) for your work
Michael

PS: I think tomorrow i update my “prod” vero. With CEC enabled i can take the risc …

This is not an error message, so nothing to worry about.

Glad it’s working now

Sam

Maybe this kernel also helps with my issue: CEC messed up after restarting tv
I will test it.

Hi

This morning i updated my prod box, and the first time it’s works fine.
After reboot, no more.
I try a lot of the things, sometime it’s works, sometime no.
Also for prod box , also for test box.
In the log

CEC write failure <

and nothing more.
I also take a look into my (Sony Bravia) TV.
I can modify some settings, but I’m not sure that it’s really important. I know “nothing” from CEC protocol.
I need one or more test cases, try to separate OSMC , TV Sony issues.
My (first) question:
When I connect two Vero Box (same OS Level, different host names) to the same TV, the TV say that it was two different boxes ( My Sony TV tell me, when I connect the two box HDMI 1 → Kodi, HDMI 2 → KODI) ?
I hope you can understand my questions, I’m searching to make for me a to do list.
Michael
PS: Perhaps better to split the question in another thread

Hi

Does turning off the device and TV help remedy the situation? Can you let me know the exact sequence of steps to replicate the problem?

If you can do so on the test box, rm -rf .kodi/ which will remove any customisations (incl peripheral settings), and see if this persists. If it does, then it rules out any local issues being at play, and we can delve deeper.

On the plus side, I’m glad CEC now works on your TV set, even if it doesn’t work for a reboot. It means we’re making progress. I have a couple of changes which I’ll get built, and I’ll let you know when there’s another build to test.

Best wishes

Sam