HDR10plus file not playing on vero4K+

Does your TV have input specific configuration? When I got my Panny OLED I had to fix various core items like overscan etc for each input. On my TV menu it’s setup, hdmi hdr setting, dynamic, dynamic setting On for HDR10+.

I’ll play around with my settings again. My tv is the panny 75FX780 ( uk model 75fx750).
HDR10+ used to work perfectly before though.

I would google the model number of your Denon AVR and “how to reset”. I think you will find there is a couple of buttons you press to perform a soft or hard reset. The hard reset will erase all your settings and your audio calibration so it is probably preferable to try the soft reset first. I’ve had a couple times in the past where I had to do this to resolve my Denon AVR’s acting a bit off and just unplugging from the wall didn’t resolve the problem. I have not experienced this same issue as you but it is probably worth a shot.

So I did a hard reset on my denon but unfortunately I still have issues playing HDR10+ files with the vero.
Playing the 4k bluray disc of Alien and Alita HDR10+ through the denon works every single time.
Playing the problematic files on my zidoo media player works every single time.

Am I wrong in concluding that the vero is not doing something right? ( I also used the hdmi cable of my 4k bluray player and zidoo on my vero but that didn’t help)

I wish I had more knowledge in deciphering the logs I posted here, is there anyone that can see the difference in the logs where the vero plays the HDR10+ files and where it cannot play it?

Playing the problematic files on my zidoo media player works every single time.

If you play those files on the vero without the Denon, then the still play fine every time, in showing HDR10+ on the TV?

I do agree with you that it seems that the vero in combination with Denon is not able to passthrough all the needed info unfortunately, which it seems to do when you play that file on the other player with the denon as well. More then the script i shared with you to run when you play a problematic movie could give some more info to my understanding. But as @grahamh mentioned it seems that the EDID is ok every time… i have no clue what else it could cause as cables are changed, the settings in the denon are all ok…

Yes without the denon HDR10+ plays fine every time.

I hope @grahamh or @sam_nazarko will have some time to look into this.

Sadly, in these matters the name Denon appears more often than others. We had an issue with HD audio for a while but a Denon fw upgrade fixed it.

AFAICT Vero is sending the correct video signal but I can’t be sure which bits of the logs are for ‘success’ and which are for ‘fail’. Can you include an ‘index’ like at 11:53 - HDR played OK, 11: 56 HDR+ didn’t display, etc.

Thank you @grahamh. Here are the new logs : https://paste.osmc.tv/ayuvuxuveh

At 07:45:44.017 playing 1st HDR10+ file success.
At 07:46:40.399 playing 2nd HDR10+ fail ( black screen )
At 07:47:57.183 playing 1st HDR10+ file again fail ( black screen )