Help Please V18.2 Skin advice

Hi all - Just updated software and I lost my customary skin - AMBER.

Can anybody suggest a new skin that is similar and equally customisable - I really do NOT like the horizontal slidy screen thing.

Chris

That skin have you tried on V18? Hav you checked out the default OSMC skin. @Chillbo has made a lot of improvements to it.

As to the ā€˜horizontal slidy screen thingā€™, you can always change that. There is a list view, wall view etc. available in most all skins.

I suspect the OP means like Confluence and I couldnā€™t agree more. Try it with a mouse and weep.

Iā€™ll give it a go. But at the moment I admit I miss a good old fashioned (made for dinosaur) type interface.

There are a lot custom Skins but i think you wonā€™t get support here.

Try this one: Aeon Nox Silvo (k18)

Looks like Amber is available for Kodi 18 - hereā€™s the forum link: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus

1 Like

Brilliant - Thanks very much. All is now well in Grumpy Old Man country!

You might like lyrebird (formerly Mimic) GitHub - Rufoo/skin.lyrebird: A merging of Mimic and the Cirrus Extended family. . Itā€™s lightweight, and remote-control friendly (a number of the other skins were failing the WAF test, especially from the ā€œhorizontal slidey thingā€), and you can configure the menus however you want. Not in the kodi repo at present, so youā€™d have to side-load it (install from zip). Although I use a customized version of it (GitHub - randallspicher/skin.mimic.lr: A merging of Mimic and the Cirrus Extended family.) because I didnā€™t like the way the PVR guide was displaying, and wanted to put in some features on the weather screens to handle weather data from NOAA. I find the default background and overlay images a bit on the ugly side, (looks washed out to my eye) but you can configure those to something else.

Can post some screenshots bud?