How can I copy custom wallpapers to Vero 4k?

I´m running Xconfluence skin and I´m want to copy wallpapers files to the wallpaper folder on Vero 4k.
My issue is that I can´t find a way to copy the files from my computer via the network to Vero 4k. I also don´t know that folder path that is used for wallpapers.

Can I in some way from my computer browse the folders in Vero? I have also tried with the Kodi File Manager but I´m not able to find the correct folder on Vero 4k.

I hope someone have an idea :slight_smile:

The Kodi folder on OSMC is at /home/osmc/.kodi the . indicate that it is a hidden folder. So you would either in your Windows Explorer or on Kodi file manager enable to show hidden folders.

To show hidden files/folders in Kodi it’s in settings>media>general>show hidden files and directories

The simplest way would to be just use a thumb drive and the file manager. If your going to do it from the network you would first need to install SMB Server from the app store in MyOSMC. Once that is up you should (if your using windows) be able to just type in the address bar of an explorer window
\\[ip.address.of.vero]\osmc\
(user/pass is osmc/osmc) (this path takes you to /home/osmc) which would be as good of a place as any to put your wallpapers. I’ve not used that skin but I would imagine it just asks for a file path and doesn’t care where.

Nope they should be in /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/backgrounds/
See How can I copy custom wallpapers to Vero 4k? - #9 by darwindesign

Thanks for the link. I installed SMB Server and now I can place the pictures on the correct place.
Thank you :slight_smile:

I have installed SMB samba and now it works.

If you had moved the files into /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/backgrounds/ you may want to consider moving them somewhere else. I believe the behavior of the add-on updater is to delete that entire folder when an update happens, which would also delete the wallpapers you moved there. Add-on settings are stored in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/ so if you wanted to store these files with your skin the appropriate path would be…
/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence/backgrounds/

Hi,

I bought a Vero 4k + today and was very excited to switch from an Android Player to OSMC.
But after a few hours I still have a lot of problems. Could you please help me?

How can I access the home folder? I want to copy some files via USB Stick.
I activated settings>media>general>show hidden files and directories
but the file manager is not showing anything except for profil folder.
I checked the show hidden files option and restarted the Vero several times but nothing is changing.
What do I have to do to find that home folder? Isn’t there a better file manager to use?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to access a different location you have to add it. If you are not seeing an “add source” option below where your home folder source you will need to go to settings>media>general>show add source buttons> and enable that option.

1 Like

Thank you. That did the trick and i finally can work with the skins and some of the xml files.
:smile:

2 Likes