How to install CouchPotato and SickChill on Raspberry Pi

Sickchill please.

Updated :wink:

First a big thank you to @nenad for posting this!

I just successfully installed SickChill and Couchpotato and I have a problem regarding permissions.

I’m setting up both applications and I’ve reached the post processing part where I should chose the post processing directory. It should be the directory which will contain all completed TV show and movie downloads.
In my case this is /mnt/clouddrive/Completed downloads

SickChill reports the following error:

2018-12-22 20:34:54 ThreadPoolExecutor-0_1 :: Unable to open /mnt/clouddrive: OSError(13, ‘Permission denied’) / [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/mnt/clouddrive’

Here is the ownership and permissions structure of the directories:
/mnt - root:root 0755
/mnt/clouddrive - www-data:www-data 0770
/mnt/clouddrive/Completed downloads - osmc:osmc 0755

User group www-data has sickchill, couchpotato and osmc users.
User group osmc has sickchill and couchpotato users.

Both sickchill and couchpotato users should have full access to /mnt/clouddrive directory through www-data group, so I don’t understand why this setup doesn’t work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, sorry for being late. Did you go to sickchill and try to add an existing show. And then just browse to your harddrive location or folder, where should completed shows be? If it doesn’t allow to read order, then you have problem with permission. Check my tip at the end of first post. You should try changing group in startup script of sickchill from whatever is now to osmc. And add sickchill to osmc group. Maybe should that help to you. I have same problem with medusa and that did help me.

It seems that a restart resolved the issues, although your tip helped with another issue.
After post processing, the new directory and files were owned by sickchill:sickchill, so Kodi couldn’t see them as new additions in the TV Shows library.
After changing the group to osmc, no problems at all.
Thanks!

1 Like

Is this still actual?

When started easyinstall script i am getting errors:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bananapi/files/unrar_5.2.6-1_armhf.deb%0D

Connecting to sourceforge.net (sourceforge.net)|216.105.38.13|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently

Location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bananapi/files/unrar_5.2.6-1_armhf.deb%0D [following]

--2019-11-24 20:24:12-- https://sourceforge.net/projects/bananapi/files/unrar_5.2.6-1_armhf.deb%0D

Connecting to sourceforge.net (sourceforge.net)|216.105.38.13|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

2019-11-24 20:24:13 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Thanx

Yes, it same version like on their server. Anyway, you can install alternative software manually with following commands in ssh:
“sudo apt install p7zip p7zip-full”

unrar is just software for rar files, but p7zip should works too. I changed scripts to v3 and replaced command. Link is on my first top, where are instructions and download link.

Thank you!

Script is working now for installing couchpotato and Sickrage, not Sickchill

CouchPotato is working without problems, but i am unable to connect to Sickrage.

I tried restarting Rpi, different browsers but nothing changed.

Ok I have edited git link in scripts, so it should work now. Unable to connect? Doesn’t open page? Or username and password doesn’t work? Maybe you can try to use uninstall script first so that cleans all installations and then install it again. If you have problems with SickChill installations, can you please write me a error, because git repo should be fine.

Hi,

it doesn’t open page, “connection refused”

When i try uninstall script i am getting this:

sickrage: unrecognized service
couchpotato: unrecognized service
' does not existickrage
' does not existouchpotato
Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory
Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/etc/systemd/system/sickrage.service'$'\r': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/opt/sickchill'$'\r': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/opt/sickrage'$'\r': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/etc/systemd/system/medusa.service'$'\r': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/etc/systemd/system/sickchill.service'$'\r': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/etc/systemd/system/sickrage.service'$'\r': No such file or directory
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree    

Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package p7zip-full
E: Invalid operation autoremove

Ok, this means you don’t have Sickrage, CouchPotato, SickChill or Medusa installed, also even p7zip. Now you could choose one of installation easyscriptv3.1 and see what happens.

It’s strange because when i type rpi ip address:5500 in browser it goes straight in CouchPotato installation wizard.

Also when go opt folder there is CouchPotato and Sickrage folders…

I will try script again.

Thanks for taking your time to help.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but it is the most referenced online relating to the install of SickChill on OSMC so thought I’d add/ask something.

Firstly, the init.systemd file appears to have moved. As far as I can tell it now lives in /opt/sickchill/contrib/runscripts/init.systemd so the copy code needs changing.

I am then getting an error when trying to start the Sickchill service. I have followed only the Sickchill section of your guide except for installing Git so perhaps I have missed something from earlier in the guide.

Job for sickchill.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

AND THEN AFTER systemctl status sickchill.serive:

File “/opt/sickchill/sickchill/show/indexers/handler.py”, line 3, in
Sep 06 23:40:58 Vero SickChill.py[15304]: from sickchill import logger, settings
Sep 06 23:40:58 Vero SickChill.py[15304]: File “/opt/sickchill/sickchill/logger.py”, line 69
Sep 06 23:40:58 Vero SickChill.py[15304]: msg = re.sub(fr’\b({item})\b’, ‘*’ * 8, msg)
Sep 06 23:40:58 Vero SickChill.py[15304]:

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, the easy scripts links aren’t working, else I would have just used them instead. Thanks

did you try to install it from their own guide on github?

run command:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SickChill/SickChill/master/contrib/debian-ubuntu-install.sh | sudo bash

1 Like

I didn’t directly run their script but I did follow the instructions on the page. Looking at the script code, it appears to be more up to date than the instructions on the page, eg the init file locations are correct in the script.

There isn’t anything in the script that removes the reference to python from the service file so not sure if this would work or not.

I was able to get it working finally by just randomly trying older versions from git. It doesn’t run very well so I might give that script a go but this is a temporary setup for me so it doesn’t overly matter if it’s performance is bad.

Thanks for pointing out that direct install script, I guess I would advise people to use that rather than the guide at the top of this page since it is clearly more up to date, although I haven’t tried it so can’t confirm if it’ll work.

You are not gonna be able to run SC because now it uses python3.6+ and OSMC at this moment run 3.5
I’m in the same situation but I don’t want to mess anything installing a new python aside.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem here with SickChill.
If anyone else is having the same issues following this guide (not being able to copy init.systemd, or not being able to launch the service after you realize init.systemd was in a different folder altogether), it looks indeed like a python version difference issue - SickChill just updated to python3, which breaks a lot of the instructions set out in the guide.
However, there’s a python2.7 branch on their git repository. It’s not as up to date as the main branch, and probably will be discontinued, but if you want a quick and dirty fix, simply replace
sudo git clone https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill.git sickchill
with
sudo git clone -b python2.7 --single-branch https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill.git sickchill

This did the trick for me, without having to mess with different python environments in OSMC.

1 Like

I know that it’s been some time…

Any news on the latest version of SickChill running on OSMC?

Links for the easyinstall scripts on Zippyshare has expired, is there anywhere else I can get the scripts?

Hello everyone,
Please find below the very latest procedure to install sickchill on your raspberry pi4 embedding OSMC :

Install pip :
sudo apt install python3 python3-venv python3-pip

Then run the following script :
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SickChill/sickchill/develop/contrib/debian-ubuntu-install.sh | sudo bash --

During the installation, script will ask you to add osmc user to sickchill group :
Then the request to add user to sickchill group :

And finally, add sickchill to the osmc group :

sudo usermod -a -G osmc sickchill

SOURCE : End of support for certain ways to install Sickchill ? ¡ Discussion #8171 ¡ SickChill/sickchill ¡ GitHub

1 Like