How to install CouchPotato and SickChill on Raspberry Pi

Sickchill please.

Updated :wink:

First a big thank you to @nenad for posting this!

I just successfully installed SickChill and Couchpotato and I have a problem regarding permissions.

I’m setting up both applications and I’ve reached the post processing part where I should chose the post processing directory. It should be the directory which will contain all completed TV show and movie downloads.
In my case this is /mnt/clouddrive/Completed downloads

SickChill reports the following error:

2018-12-22 20:34:54 ThreadPoolExecutor-0_1 :: Unable to open /mnt/clouddrive: OSError(13, ‘Permission denied’) / [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/mnt/clouddrive’

Here is the ownership and permissions structure of the directories:
/mnt - root:root 0755
/mnt/clouddrive - www-data:www-data 0770
/mnt/clouddrive/Completed downloads - osmc:osmc 0755

User group www-data has sickchill, couchpotato and osmc users.
User group osmc has sickchill and couchpotato users.

Both sickchill and couchpotato users should have full access to /mnt/clouddrive directory through www-data group, so I don’t understand why this setup doesn’t work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, sorry for being late. Did you go to sickchill and try to add an existing show. And then just browse to your harddrive location or folder, where should completed shows be? If it doesn’t allow to read order, then you have problem with permission. Check my tip at the end of first post. You should try changing group in startup script of sickchill from whatever is now to osmc. And add sickchill to osmc group. Maybe should that help to you. I have same problem with medusa and that did help me.

It seems that a restart resolved the issues, although your tip helped with another issue.
After post processing, the new directory and files were owned by sickchill:sickchill, so Kodi couldn’t see them as new additions in the TV Shows library.
After changing the group to osmc, no problems at all.
Thanks!