[HOW-TO] Install Radarr v2

[I am using vim but you can use nano as it’s installed by default. So where you see vim in a command just transpose it with nano if you prefer]

First of all to avoid dependency issues install the following;
sudo apt update && sudo apt install mono-devel mediainfo sqlite3 libmono-cil-dev -y

Download the latest version from here
Scroll to the Downloads section and right-click on the release that ends with linux.tar.gz and Copy link address

Back in the OSMC terminal;
cd /tmp
wget <paste link with CTRL+SHIFT+V>

Extract it to the “/opt/” directory
sudo tar -xvf Radarr* -C /opt/

Change the owner
sudo chown -R osmc:osmc /opt/Radarr

Now create the systemd service to start it at boot

sudo vim /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service

[Unit]
Description=Radarr Daemon
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
User=osmc
Group=osmc

Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe --nobrowser
TimeoutStopSec=20
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Save & Exit
Now enable the service
sudo systemctl enable radarr

Start the service
sudo systemctl start radarr

Lastly check it’s running
sudo systemctl status radarr

Now open up a browser from your computer (on the same network) and enter

<IP_ADDRESS>:7878

Where <IP_ADDRESS> is the IP of your OSMC box

4 Likes

These instructions are for OSMC. You should check elsewhere for tips on how to run it on your NAS.

1 Like

Thanks for this perfectly clear How-To. I am considering switching to Sonarr + Radarr instead of Flexget. I have spend tremendous amounts of work creating a Flexget config that does everything and more than Sonarr + Radarr, but every few months I have to update the config due to new errors popping up. It’s the nature of Flexget.

The biggest benefit of Flexget: it is extremely lightweight and does most of its work when I am sleeping. Sonarr+Radarr would be a lot heavier. I would run both on a RPi3 running OSMC with Kodi disabled and OpenVPN running (I have a Vero4K for Kodi, Spotify, SyncThing and Nextcloud, everything that does not need to go through a VPN).

Can you perhaps share your experience, are you running it on a RPi3? Is it smooth enough?

1 Like

It’s OK, but a but I am actually looking for a lightweight solution as I find Sonarr + Radarr, although very simple to use, they are resource hungry. I was hoping FlexGet would be a good solution TBH :slight_smile:

Flexget is absolutely the most lightweight solution and my config which is an updated and more ‘complete’ version of someone else’s config is about as good as it gets. But:
I use magnets/torrents. My sources are public RSS feeds. For some reason showrss feed does not lead to any accepted items by Flexget and all other RSS feeds have become a bit poor.

I guess if you have amazing private feeds or if I would spend time getting showrss to work with Flexget the situation would be solved. Problem is Flexget is complex. Every other two to four months I have to figure out via lots of trial and error why something is not working…

I am thinking about switching to Usenet, get a subscription on a provider. I know Flexget can be used for Usenet but I am not sure how.

I use Newsdemon and nzbgeek for nzb. May I ask you to post a URL for your Flexget setup? It intrigues me

The readme should be very helpful although it is outdated. Also check my Autosetup because installing Flexget is tricky and complex. I recommend to follow the exact steps I laid out.

edit: @eekfonky I have made a few minor changes to the config, also explained how to let Transmission trigger Flexget tasks to process completed files. This means Flexget will now process files and update Kodi library immediately and does not need to run by intervals that often anymore :slight_smile:

Contrary to what I said before, Flexget works really well. Although I have not updated flexget in 9 months, there could be issues with my config and the latest version of Flexget.

My only issue is with episode files downloaded with named like this: 220 instead of this: S02E20 although I did find a partly working solution (its commented out in my config). I rename only the episode numbering and Flexget will take care of the rest during the next run.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m stuck on the final step when I check the status. I get the following:

osmc@HTPC:/tmp$ sudo systemctl status radarr

• radarr.service - Radarr Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/radarr.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-11-24 15:11:33 GMT; 1min 30s ago
    Process: 4870 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe --nobrowser (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
    Main PID: 4870 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: radarr.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: Stopped Radarr Daemon.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: radarr.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: Failed to start Radarr Daemon.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: radarr.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 24 15:11:33 HTPC systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Try sudo journalctl to get a better idea of what’s going on

1 Like

Had to do this also

apt update && apt install libmono-cil-dev curl mediainfo

You finded a way? You still running sonarr/radarr on RPi? Smooth enough?
Theres is a easy way to install this apps: GitHub - htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit: AtoMiC Toolkit simplifies HTPC / Home Server setup and management on Ubuntu and Debian variants including Raspbian. It currently supports: Couchpotato, Deluged, Emby, FFmpeg, Headphones, Htpcmanager, Jackett, Kodi, Lazylibrarian, Madsonic, Mono, Mylar, Nzbget, Nzbhydra, NzbToMedia, Ombi, Plex, Plexpy, Pyload, qBittorrent, Radarr, Sabnzbd+, Sickgear, Sickrage, Sonarr, Subsonic, Transmission, Unrar, Watcher, and Webmin.

I use sonarr/radarr/jackett in a RPi 3b, but aways have a freeze because the consume of memory. I switched to libreELEC (installed the apps with Thoradia repository), it’s a little better (in a performance way to this apps) but the freeze persist. So I stoped jackett and the issue is solved. Now I’m use sonarr/radarr with torrent rss feed. But without jackett I don’t have a search option (only for rarbg) :frowning_face:

I’m interested in flexget, but it seems a lot confuse use it!
I have a question: they have a option to search or only get the movies/episodes by feed rss?
You still use it? Better than sonarr/radarr on a RPi?

Hi guys,
Recently I had a problem with search in Radarr which I managed to solve.
Just thought that it could be helpful for somebody.

Configuration:
OSMC 2018.12-1
Radarr 0.2.0.1293
NZBgeek search

Symptoms
Search doesn’t work, although Test button reports that everything fine, Radarr System Health also shows no issues.
In logs of Radarr appears en error: NzbDroneErrorPipeline Request Failed: The request timed out
The more detailed message looks not very helpful:
System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00052] in &lt;bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597&gt;:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in &lt;bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597&gt;:0 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000fd] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:65

Solution
Update Mono using this instruction: Download - Stable | Mono

1 Like

Thanks OlKir, I was having troubles searching and updating, plus I already tried updating Mono from another guide but that didn’t work, so thanks.

I also had to reinstall Radarr again using the first post.

After a total reinstall of OSMC, and the mono dependencies described in this thread, when I try to follow the top instructions I can’t start Radarr (I used the arm64 version: Radarr.master.3.0.1.4259.linux-core-arm64.tar.gz)

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl status radarr
* radarr.service - Radarr Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/radarr.service; enabled; vendor preset: e
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-01-06 18:03:29 CET; 4s ago
  Process: 1190 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe --nobrowser (code
 Main PID: 1190 (code=exited, status=2)

Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Main process exited, code=exite
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expire
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Radarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Start request repeated too quic
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:03:29 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Radarr Daemon.

It’s the exact same issue with Sonarr, using the instructions in this thread: [HOW-TO] Install Sonarr which says I should use this guide: Sonarr - Dive in

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl status sonarr
* sonarr.service - Sonarr Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-01-06 18:02:35 CET; 5min ago
  Process: 745 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser (code=exited, status=2
 Main PID: 745 (code=exited, status=2)

Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Sonarr Daemon.

When i do journalctl -u sonarr on Sonarr it comes up with:

osmc@osmc:~$ journalctl -u sonarr
-- Logs begin at Wed 2021-01-06 18:02:30 CET, end at Wed 2021-01-06 18:18:14 CET. --
Jan 06 18:02:33 osmc systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc mono[377]: Cannot open assembly '/opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe': No such file or directory.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc mono[563]: Cannot open assembly '/opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe': No such file or directory.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:34 osmc mono[598]: Cannot open assembly '/opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe': No such file or directory.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 3.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc mono[650]: Cannot open assembly '/opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe': No such file or directory.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 4.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc mono[745]: Cannot open assembly '/opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe': No such file or directory.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 06 18:02:35 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Sonarr Daemon.

I’ve also noted that for Sonarr, there is no NzbDrone folder in /opt/, so something went wrong there.

Version 3 has different systemd option for exec. Check the radarr git pages, it has the instructions there

1 Like

UPDATED GUIDE FOR RADARR V3:

Start off by installing mono:

https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin-debian

Then use the MONO INSTALL method for Radarr on (But skip the first mono install instruction as you already did that!):

https://wiki.servarr.com/Radarr_Installation#Mono_Install

In the guide use this instead of what is said:

sudo chown osmc:osmc /opt/Radarr

After following that guide, you need to create the auto start a little differently than in the guide:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service

And paste the following:

[Unit]

Description=Radarr Daemon

After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]

# Change the user and group variables here.

User=osmc

Group=osmc

Type=simple

# Mono Install:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe -nobrowser -data=/home/osmc/.config/Radarr

TimeoutStopSec=20

KillMode=process

Restart=on-failure

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Save & Exit

Now enable the service

sudo systemctl enable radarr

Start the service

sudo systemctl start radarr

Lastly check it’s running

sudo systemctl status radarr

Now open up a browser from your computer (on the same network) and enter

<IP_ADDRESS>:7878

Where <IP_ADDRESS> is the IP of your OSMC box

You can basically do the same process as described here above for Sonarr, except use the guide at: Sonarr Installation | WikiArr

V3 here [HowTo] Install Radarr v3

Mine is for 3 as well? Anyway, good job on the other guide man :wink: