[HOW-TO] Install Radarr


#1

[I am using vim but you can use nano as it’s installed by default. So where you see vim in a command just transpose it with nano if you prefer]

First of all to avoid dependency issues install the following;
sudo apt update && sudo apt install mono-devel mediainfo sqlite3 libmono-cil-dev -y

Download the latest version from here
Scroll to the Downloads section and right-click on the release that ends with linux.tar.gz and Copy link address

Back in the OSMC terminal;
cd /tmp
wget <paste link with CTRL+SHIFT+V>

Extract it to the “/opt/” directory
sudo tar -xvf Radarr* -C /opt/

Change the owner
sudo chown -R osmc:osmc /opt/Radarr

Now create the systemd service to start it at boot

sudo vim /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service

[Unit]
Description=Radarr Daemon
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
User=osmc
Group=osmc

Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe --nobrowser
TimeoutStopSec=20
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Save & Exit
Now enable the service
sudo systemctl enable radarr

Start the service
sudo systemctl start radarr

Lastly check it’s running
sudo systemctl status radarr

Now open up a browser from your computer (on the same network) and enter

<IP_ADDRESS>:7878

Where <IP_ADDRESS> is the IP of your OSMC box


#3

These instructions are for OSMC. You should check elsewhere for tips on how to run it on your NAS.


#4

Thanks for this perfectly clear How-To. I am considering switching to Sonarr + Radarr instead of Flexget. I have spend tremendous amounts of work creating a Flexget config that does everything and more than Sonarr + Radarr, but every few months I have to update the config due to new errors popping up. It’s the nature of Flexget.

The biggest benefit of Flexget: it is extremely lightweight and does most of its work when I am sleeping. Sonarr+Radarr would be a lot heavier. I would run both on a RPi3 running OSMC with Kodi disabled and OpenVPN running (I have a Vero4K for Kodi, Spotify, SyncThing and Nextcloud, everything that does not need to go through a VPN).

Can you perhaps share your experience, are you running it on a RPi3? Is it smooth enough?


#5

It’s OK, but a but I am actually looking for a lightweight solution as I find Sonarr + Radarr, although very simple to use, they are resource hungry. I was hoping FlexGet would be a good solution TBH :slight_smile:


#6

Flexget is absolutely the most lightweight solution and my config which is an updated and more ‘complete’ version of someone else’s config is about as good as it gets. But:
I use magnets/torrents. My sources are public RSS feeds. For some reason showrss feed does not lead to any accepted items by Flexget and all other RSS feeds have become a bit poor.

I guess if you have amazing private feeds or if I would spend time getting showrss to work with Flexget the situation would be solved. Problem is Flexget is complex. Every other two to four months I have to figure out via lots of trial and error why something is not working…

I am thinking about switching to Usenet, get a subscription on a provider. I know Flexget can be used for Usenet but I am not sure how.


#7

I use Newsdemon and nzbgeek for nzb. May I ask you to post a URL for your Flexget setup? It intrigues me


#8

The readme should be very helpful although it is outdated. Also check my Autosetup because installing Flexget is tricky and complex. I recommend to follow the exact steps I laid out.

edit: @eekfonky I have made a few minor changes to the config, also explained how to let Transmission trigger Flexget tasks to process completed files. This means Flexget will now process files and update Kodi library immediately and does not need to run by intervals that often anymore :slight_smile:

Contrary to what I said before, Flexget works really well. Although I have not updated flexget in 9 months, there could be issues with my config and the latest version of Flexget.

My only issue is with episode files downloaded with named like this: 220 instead of this: S02E20 although I did find a partly working solution (its commented out in my config). I rename only the episode numbering and Flexget will take care of the rest during the next run.