How to mount a hard drive?

Complete newbie here. Just purchased a Vero 4K+ and I am attempting to get OSMC to recognize the drive. The drive is a Seagate Ironwolf (6 go) formatted in ext4. Any hints would be appreciated.

OSMC should auto-mount your drive in /media folder. Like my disk /media/disk2

If it’s not mounted there try this command in ssh-session:

lsblk | paste-log

and provide the url.

Thanks for reply.

https://paste.osmc.tv/qejemorite

I do not see a media folder

Well the it finds the device, i wonder why it doesn’t auto-mounts it.

Let’s try to mount it manually first:

mkdir /mnt/test
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/test

Paste a full log
If you don’t have a /media directory something is wrong with your system

Here is what I get:
osmc@osmc-Giggleswick:~$ sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/test
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
   dmesg | tail or so.

Can you please paste a full log?

Sam

Logs uploaded to:
Https:paste.osmc.tv/qoripaniru

There is a media folder in the .kodi folder, but it is empty.

What is the format of the drive? Could it be NTFS with an unclean removal?

Formatted as ext4.

what does fsck.ext4 /dev/sda2 say?

The partition will not be mounted since not any of the filter rules in /etc/udisks-glue.conf match, especially:

Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]: Showing information for /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sda2
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:   native-path:                 /sys/devices/c9000000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/sda2
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:   device:                      8:2
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:   device-file:                 /dev/sda2
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:     presentation:              /dev/sda2
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:   usage: (expected to see here string 'filesystem' but is empty)
Feb 18 13:20:19 osmc-Giggleswick udisks-glue[522]:   type: (expected to see here 'ext4' but is empty)

So, the good question is: How was this partition structure created on this specific hdd and how was the third partition formatted to ext4?

Problem resolved.
Perhaps not the best resolution, but I reformatted the drive as NTFS and OSMC detected it immediately.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

NTFS is a bad choice. Suggest to format as ext4 directly on the Vero than you are sure it works.
mkfs.ext4 -L osmc_drive /dev/sda2