How to Update my 14.2 ATV1 to 15.0

The 12 will give some frame skips in some movies regardless of cpu and ram. It can be made to work okayish, but it’s not really worth it since the 15 cards are pretty cheap on ebay nowadays. The 15 card is much easier to work with, and a much better fit for the ATV.

I think I have 3 aTVs with the 15-card, and 2 with the 12-card. The ones with the 12-card are not in daily use, so I don’t think I will be upgrading them, even though the price is nice. Have swapped out 12-card for 15 before, so I have noticed there’s a difference.

I have the 12 and that’s good because it lets me optimise for the worst case scenario :smile:

Sam

I like the way you think :slight_smile:

If this is an actual difference in strategy and optimization between cb/osmc and oe, then people with 12-cards would probably benefit from getting osmc.

I am available to test as well.

Hey Sam, its nuggyblake from the boxee forums (kept that box going way beyond its expiration date). Just wanted to chime in that I would be happy to be a skunk works for you if you need it (in the US). I think there is plenty of life left in the ATV old dog ! I had thought of going the ubuntu route with that box but the OSMC route looks very promising.

Hope you are well.

Hi nuggy

It’s been many years! I hope you are well too

Sam

hi Soli can you send me the link please for OE 15.1 as can’t seem to find it, thanks Phil.

http://chewitt.openelec.tv/appletv/

1 Like

sent u a pm, wanted to ask some advice if u dont mind? ive upgraded mine but it freezes and wont let me ssh into it, even with ssh turned on…

All bug reports with OE should be directed to the openelec forum. I’m pretty sure the OSMC team would appreciate it. http://openelec.tv/forum/123-apple-atv-mk1

1 Like

You are a genius and just managed to update my atv1 running 13.1 to 14.1. Thank you.
How has your atv1’s been since updating?

Any news on the possible update for the ATV1 from CB2 to OSMC?

I believe that Sam mentioned that he hoped to send out the upgrade in September. Has this been delayed ?

I have my fingers and toes crossed :wink: