I got something for the brave who want to test it:
Disclaimer and other useful information. Read BEFORE installing!
First things first: I am NOT responsible if this does any harm to your system!
I suggest only to install this on a system that the old installer wasn’t run on already.
You should have at least 2 GB of free space on your sdcard.
If you update from a previous version, be sure to save your configfiles if you altered them, also Roms and Bios files
Please report bugs and don’t expect everything to work.
This is now a full RetroPie installation based on latest github version, all scripts and files should be present
This will install to your base system as all dependency problems should be solved by now.
You will not be able to simply uninstall this anymore, but it should not harm your system.
This will only work on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2 or 3! NOT on the Vero
if you need to edit configurationfiles manually: You can find them in the normal retropie path now: /opt/retropie
Syncing roms from a USB Stick will not work like it does in the retropie image!
You need to copy them via Kodis filemanager, samba, ftp or ssh.
If you want to update an older installation, please uninstall the old version first via the script:
Then delete the old installscript:
Then follow the instructions below.
SSH into your osmc installation.
Download the installation script to your osmc home directory:
cd /home/osmc wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcobit/retrosmc/master/install-retrosmc.sh
Make it executable by running:
chmod +x install-retrosmc.sh
As Emulationstation needs to be built at install, you probably want to run the following commands, as the RAM on the RPIs might not be sufficient:
sudo touch /enable_swap
After reboot ssh in again and run the installscript:
You will see a pretty selfexplanatory menu.
Choose what you want to do and wait for a while.
If you choose to install retrosmc, be sure to select “Basic install” when the RetroPie-Setup script pops up and press enter.
After the RetroPie-Setup script finished the installation and you are back at the main RetroPie menu, choose “Exit”!
It is normal, that fbi and omxplayer cannot be installed.
They would install the retropie splashscreen if they would.
You can exit the menu by choosing Cancel at the bottom after every task.
If you have installed the Launcher Addon, you will find your shortcut in the Programaddons in kodi.
If you want to create a custom menuitem, here is a little symbol for you, that I hope, matches the OSMC skin style.
The link should contain the following command:
If you have problems with CEC, like you have KODI set to switch off the screen, when it is closed, you can set “CECFIX=1” without the quotemarks in /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/retrosmc-config.cfg
If you have HYPERION installed and the TV has problems switching modes with this, you can set “HYPERIONFIX=1” in /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/retrosmc-config.cfg
If you find any bugs, please report them in this thread!
Problems with running snes roms
- Please update the lr-snes9x-next emulator with the retropie-setup script or choose a different snes emulator.
Problems when switching from kodi to retrosmc
- Try to delete /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/video.sh and try again
Problems with controller configuration
- Now really fixed in alpha 0.005
(Unfortunately we need to reset your configfiles for this update)
Configurationfiles are overwritten by a reinstallation/update
- Should be fixed in alpha 0.003
Preconfigured es_input.cfg should be removed for new setups.
- Should be fixed in alpha 0.003
Because of a problem with the emulationstationscript, there could be no sound.
- Should be fixed with alpha 0.002
- First release
- Added ScummVM to the emulators
- Used symlinks for libs to save sdcard space
- Optional installation of jcnventura’s addon to start emulationstation from Kodi (Thanks a lot!)
- Updated all emulators and emulationstation to latest RetroPie version
- backing up and restoring configfiles when updating
- automatic update ability for the script (you still need to download the script for alpha 0.003 manually)
- Not shipping default es_input.cfg file anymore
- Really fixed the controllerconfigurationissues now
This update will reset your configfiles though
- Completely new approach with a chroot environment
- Now this is a full RetroPie installation
- Option to install it on any linux filesystem (nfs-share, usb-stick etc.)
- RPI 1 support added
- Based on upstream RetroPie again and installs directly into the system
- No chroot needed anymore
- Old installations need to be uninstalled first!