[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Can you try to use a different emulator for the snes games?

Are you starting this via the retropie launcher addon? Or via ssh?

@mcobit via ssh m8 donā€™t know how to start it any other way and how do I use a diff emulator thanks ?? tried diff emulator and its still the same mate

Install the launcher addon.
Third option in the installscript.
Then you can start emulationstation from kodi. The addon is in programms.

@mcobit just tried it mate now the rom comes on lol ??? how do I get back to emustation from ingame thanks ???

That is very strange.
When starting the game, please press x on the keyboard and you will get to a menu, where you can select the default emulator. Please select pocketsnes and try again.

it working now some how lol is there any way to get sound working through a iqaudio dac+ I have an old cpu screen with no speaker in them only speakers attached though pi via dac ???

Hi mcobit

Thanks for your awesome work on this.

Just wondering does retropie come with built in shaders for the emulators. I remember ps1 graphics had faint lines across screen when using on full HD TV.

Shaders supposed to help reduce this.

Cheers

how do I exit in game back to emustation thanks ???

Some roms are not compatible with the newest emulator for snes.

For the external dac, I have no idea. Sorry.

Press esc or select+start.

This is basic retropie stuffā€¦
Please read the retroarch/retropie documentation for reference.

Yes, retroarch has shaders you can configure from the retroarch menu.

I think you get there when pressing select+X ingame.

Edit: When in the menu, go to quick menu. Then to shaders.

I havenā€™t noticed any lines in the psx emulator though.

@mcobit how do I change the emulator snes roms are not working thanks ??

You already did? I posted an explanation to you!

@mcobit is there another way to change the emulators my usb keypad just died on me typical eh lol ???

Do bluetooth controllers work with this setup?

On first installation I found that ā€œconfigure bluetooth devicesā€ was missing from the retropie setup script.
I selected update RetroPie-Setup script, and it updated and then configure bluetooth devices appeared.

However so far whilst trying to configure bluetooth device, it manages to scan for my controller and then states that its connected, but turns out that it isnā€™t.
This has worked for me previously with a standalone retropie 3.0 installation, will this work with a chroot setup? or am I just doing something wrong.

Cheers for any advice

Press X button (or whatever button is button 0 on your pad) on the gamepad when starting the game.
As said, maybe you want to get a little more familiar with RetroPie before spamming this thread?

All the input devices are just passed through from osmc.
Pair the controller in osmc and it should be available in RetroPie.

Edit: This basically runs with the osmc kernel, so hardware detection and some programs that rely on the raspbian kernel might not work as expected in the chroot.

1 Like

Yea, so far Iā€™ve managed to get it paired with OSMC and its connected there with anolog stick moving a curser in top corner of screen.
But if I launch Retropie, it doesnā€™t detect any controller being connected.
Maybe Iā€™m still not doing something right, or some linux guru will know some amazing way of configuring it, but atm Iā€™m guessing that I wonā€™t be able to use bluetooth controllers with a chroot setup :ā€™(

You have to pair it in joypad mode I think.
Moving a cursor sounds like it emulates a mouse or somethingā€¦

I donā€™t have a bluetooth controller myself so unfortunately I cannot test that.

Edit: The joypad has to have a node in /dev/input/js0 for sdl to detect it I think.

Have a look some posts up. People got xbox controllers to work iirc.

hmmm i dunno then.
For reference its a nes30 pro that iā€™m trying to connect incase anyone is wondering.
In standard and joystick mode I have been able to pair it with osmc, to which I get js0 and mouse1 entries in /dev/input
If I try keyboard mode osmc fails to connectā€¦

Iā€™m going to give up playing with it for the moment, guess I need to try and do alot more research, Just a shame since it connected fine recently in a dual boot setup (though kodi was broken on that one so didnā€™t stick with it for long lol)
Iā€™ll keep an eye on this thread to see how other people get on.