HTSP playback not working smoothly

Hi,

I’ve been using OSMC on Raspberry 3 and Vero 4K for quite a while now without issues, usually for playing contents from German Mediathek.

Now I got another Raspi 3A+ with a SanDisk Class 10 SD card as the other devices have it as well. Especially when using the new device as HTSP client to a remote TVH server, I’m facing serious issues when I try to watch the (live) stream.

When switching to playback it usually does not display the stream, but commonly just an entirely black or alternatively grey or green colored screen or it does not even leave the TV guide overview page.

Since power supply is definitely fine and the SD card has no errors, could this be a performance issue with the SD card or are there known problems with the latest sw release?

Thx
Andreas

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thanks for the hint w.r.t. the logging. Unfortunately, from a first glance at least I didn’t see anything suspicious. This time when hitting the play button, it started with audio, but showed only some kind of static wallpaper on the screen shortly afterwards.

http://paste.osmc.tv/hucanecomi

This line should be in your config.txt…

gpu_mem_512=144

Your currently only using 64MB and that might not be enough.

Thanks a lot. Adding this line above the existing gpu_mem_1024=… seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like