Installation of TBS5980 driver on Vero2!

Hi Sam,

Ok, I edited the Makefile and now I can run the make menuconfig command, here is the result->

`osmc@osmc:~/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l$ sudo make menuconfig
make -C /home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master -f /home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/Makefile.kernel config-targets=1 mixed-targets=0 dot-config=0 SRCDIR=/home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master v4l-mconf
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master’
make -f /home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master/scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/kconfig hostprogs-y=mconf scripts/kconfig/mconf
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/mconf
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/linux’
Syncing with dir …/…/media
Patches for 3.10.101-16-osmc already applied.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/linux’
./scripts/make_kconfig.pl /home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master /home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master
Preparing to compile for kernel version 3.10.101
WARNING: This is the V4L/DVB backport tree, with experimental drivers
backported to run on legacy kernels from the development tree at:
http://git.linuxtv.org/media-tree.git.
It is generally safe to use it for testing a new driver or
feature, but its usage on production environments is risky.
Don’t use it in production. You’ve been warned.
V4L2_FLASH_LED_CLASS: Requires at least kernel 3.18.0
IR_NUVOTON: Requires at least kernel 3.12.0
RC_ST: Requires at least kernel 3.15.0
VIDEO_FB_IVTV: Requires at least kernel 3.11.0
DVB_PT3: Requires at least kernel 3.11.0
VIDEO_XILINX: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
RADIO_SI4713: Requires at least kernel 3.13.0
I2C_SI4713: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
VIDEO_ADV7604: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
VIDEO_TC358743: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
VIDEO_TVP5150: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
VIDEO_MT9P031: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
VIDEO_MT9V032: Requires at least kernel 3.19.0
VIDEO_SMIAPP: Requires at least kernel 4.0.0
VIDEO_ADP1653: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
SOC_CAMERA_OV2640: Requires at least kernel 3.17.0
Created default (all yes) .config file
/home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master/scripts/kconfig/mconf ./Kconfig

Your configuration changes were NOT saved.

./scripts/fix_kconfig.pl
`
And this is the screen that appear, what will I do now?

Assuming that you have patched V4L with the instructions in that article, and it’s worked (!), then you should be able to select the TBS driver and then run ‘make’.

So to patch you mean that I will have to do as in this link, following the procedure for ARM Rasp Pi->
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS_Qbox_DVB-S2_CI_USB2.0

Or or what article did you have in mind?

In the above menuconfig I can fin my TBS tuner under “Multimedia support”->“Media USB Adapters”->

Hi

I honestly don’t know. I don’t have this USB stick, and I don’t know if those instructions are up to date or the drivers provided work with our kernel. Maybe TBS has a forum that can provide more information on this matter. All I can help you with is providing you with kernel sources / headers etc.

I would disable all modules except for the TBS one that you want. Then run the remaining build instructions

If I just run in the folder-> osmc@osmc:~/tbsdriver/media_build$
make dir DIR=../media make distclean make -j4

I will get this output in the end->
LD [M] /home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/s5c73m3.o /home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/s5c73m3-spi.o: In function.LANCHOR0’:
s5c73m3-spi.c:(.rodata+0xc): multiple definition of __mod_of_device_table' /home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/s5c73m3-core.o:s5c73m3-core.c:(.rodata+0x2f0): first defined here scripts/Makefile.build:444: recipe for target '/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/s5c73m3.o' failed make[3]: *** [/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/s5c73m3.o] Error 1 make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... Makefile:1238: recipe for target '_module_/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l' failed make[2]: *** [_module_/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/osmc/osmc/package/kernel-osmc/src/vero2-linux-master' Makefile:53: recipe for target 'default' failed make[1]: *** [default] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/osmc/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l' Makefile:26: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

I have got past the problem I wrote in the first post here anyway.

This looks completely unrelated to your dongle, so disable this module or any modules depending on it in the menuconfig.

Hi Sam,

I disabled almost everything in the menuconfig except for my tuner.
This is the complete build log from the terminal I got after running →
osmc@osmc:~/tbsdriver/media_build$ sudo make -j4
http://pastebin.com/QNDNPWBu

So no more errors? Can you see something of value?
What do I do now?

Looks like it built, so you can either do make install, or manually insmod the module.