Issue to see Tv-Shows and movie on my OSMC

Hi Guy’s I’m new here,

So like all of you I decide to put OSMC on my raspberry but theres is my setup first:

• Raspberry PI2 connect by NFS to my Synology.

Now “THE ISSUE”

All my video are in “.mkv” but there is some that I can see and some I don’t. The most ■■■■ up things is that he regognize the serie or movie because he put on the picture corresponding.

I was thinking of the encodage of the MKV but it’s not it.

So I’m counting on you :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi,

I will try to get you my logs info for tomorrow.

But to put it in a more simple way.

I’ve a synology DS216j where I keep all my movie and Tv-show, and they are all in “mkv” format.

For my HTPC I’ve a raspberry PI2 B with the latest version of OSMC on it.

My raspberry is connected by NFS to my Synology.

The OSMC can see every Tv Show name and Movie Name (during the scan of the database I see all the name of each of my Tv Show and movies). OSMC show a picture for every Tv Show and movie. But when I take look inside the Tv-Show folder he found nothing for my Vikings series for example and when I wanna see Arrow he found every episode I have.

So my question is: is there any encode video format most recommended for OSMC and raspberry?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

As the name implies, MKV (Matroska) is just a container, it will not tell you what codec (e.g. MPEG-1) has been used unless you take a peek inside using some specialized program like mkvinfo. I can play AVI, MP4 (also containers), etc. with no issues on the Rpi3. So far, no license purchase has been necessary to play my library of (almost exclusively) mkv files.