June 4k update

Hi soory I dont quite get that can you explain. sorry to be a pest !!

It’s complicated. If you really want to know, search for HDMI and pixel sub-sampling.

What make/model is your TV?

The vero 4k feeds a Arcam 390 AVR and that feeds a Sony AF9 (aka) A9F

Must say don’t have all this with an oppo 203 just set it to source direct and off it goes no need for whitelists setting changes or anything else. the only reason I am using the vero 4k is the oppo has a bug it cannot play a DTS HD file then an Atmos File it has to play a DD first before the Atmos file It is a known bug but oppo seem not to want to fix it

If you’re happy with SD video playing at 1080p, (as it used to before Kodi Leia) then don’t use whitelisting.

I’m sure we can get OSMC working with your setup before Oppo fix their bug.

BTW:

If your movies are playing OK, then leave it as is. If you get buffering/stuttering or lip-sync problems then mounting can help increase network performance.

GB ethernet, which again will improve network throughput for high bitrate files.

HTH

Hi

No I want 576 files at 576 at 1080 576 looks worse than the oppo playing 576 at 576

OK, so use whitelisting with the 422 workaround until we have an alternative for you to try. Also, make sure HW acceleration is on and Accelerate MPEG2 is set to Always.

Ok will do but can anyone tell me in a simple way as poss why so many players not just vero try to make a “silk purse out of a pigs ear” by trying to make a file something it is not by upscaling ? Is it not easer to send the file as it is recorderd and leave it to A The TV or B a dedicated upscaler if that is want the user wants to use.