Kodi crashing, turning Smart TV on at all hours, dragging focus from other inputs

This has been going on for at least a few days, but I just got annoyed enough with it to take steps to look into what’s going on. I’m trying to watch something on Netflix, but focus keeps getting dragged back to OSMC.

I enabled debug logging and switched to a different input to watch Netflix. Wasn’t a couple minutes in when OSMC pops back up. I quickly ssh in and do grab-logs -A. Here’s my debug logs.

While I type this OSMC crashed again. Here’s a new set of logs in case they help at all. Looks like almost exactly 10 minutes.

Thanks

Edit: This part looks bad:

Jul 10 17:49:44 vero mediacenter[800]: kodi.bin: pthread_mutex_lock.c:349: __pthread_mutex_lock_full: Assertion `INTERNAL_SYSCALL_ERRNO (e, __err) != EDEADLK || (kind != PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP && kind != PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP)’ failed.
Jul 10 17:49:44 vero sudo[2437]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user osmc
Jul 10 17:49:44 vero mediacenter[800]: /usr/bin/mediacenter: line 187: 2437 Aborted sudo -u osmc $KODI --standalone -fs --lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd
Jul 10 17:49:44 vero mediacenter[800]: Kodi exited with return code 134 after 0 hours, 2 minutes and 42 seconds

Turn off Set Active Source under Settings -> Input -> Peripherals

Are you running Kodi v18 test builds? They are extremely experimental at the moment.

Sam

I am. I was having a lot of trouble with v17. And now my database is for v18, so can’t go back to check if the grass got any greener.

In Settings > System > Input > Peripherals I see “CEC Adapter”. If I go into that, I don’t see ‘Set Active Source’. Am I in the wrong place?

The exact wording always escapes me unfortunately.
It might be called Make Kodi the Active Source.

If this happened recently, try downgrading to an older v18 build. Things will be shaky for a bit.

Out of curiosity: what were the issues you had with v17?

Sam

It had something to do with seeking. Sometimes it would move the video forward, sometimes it wouldn’t? It was strange. Problem went away when I moved to v18, but I wasn’t expecting to be in Alpha this long.

When was this? I fixed this a little while ago.

I think Kodi will be in alpha until the end of the year.

Cheers

Sam

Some months ago. I was still on a Pi at the time, hadn’t made the Vero plunge yet.

Glad you got it fixed. If i keep having troubles with Kodi crashing I’ll give downgrading a shot and see how boned I am database-wise. :roll_eyes:

Loving the Vero 4K, btw. Playing h265 is a huge plus!

Try downgrading a few v18 versions, or even upgrading to the new @gmc nightly tomorrow.
Issues are usually promptly fixed.

Sam

1 Like

If you haven’t added much to your library, you won’t be that bad off. The original library should not have been removed, so you can go back to 17. Only things changed since you updated to 18 will be missing.

Yeah. I’ve been on v18 for months now. And I depend on kodi’s database a lot to keep track of roughly 6 TB of media. Soooo. lolSelection_099