Kodi doesn't play next track automatically

GrahamH, If I could have both options selected (and there is no hint that these options exclude each other) I could quickly select a track knowing the rest of the album will play (“Play next auto…”) and select another album(s) and add this to the extended play list.

Currently I have to return the media centre after each album.

Have tried “Party Mode” and for some reason, and given my eclectic range of music/spoken word tracks I get some very strange effects. So far Kodi seems to select my comedy tracks (Derek n Clive Live isn’t good party music). A 12 minute monologue from Sea Sick Steve was another early return. I should add that my source is nearly 16Gigs containing my entire CD collection.

Don’t want play lists or anything random. Just want to quickly point and shot and get the next hour or two of entertainment.

Anyway, I have it going almost the way I want it and playing the next track without me getting to involved every time.

Still puzzled. If you want to play an album and queue another one or two albums behind it then just send each album to the queue from the list of albums - two clicks each.

If you want to play the second half of an album then the second half of another album (with single clicks on each) and so on I’m not surprised the kodi developers haven’t provided for that.

This is definately Kodi: I did my testing on Windoze and it behaves the way you said.

1 Like

I found this question because I had the same problem with Kodi17.1/Debian9 installed on an old Acer laptop. And I found the solution by coïncidence. When I select “Files & Add-ons” and then the Twonky-server, Kodi will behave in the described way. But if I use the “Audio” menu-entry and then choose the Twonky server, the next song is played as expected. And as a bonus, it will show me the album-cover when I select “Now playing”. I think that means Kodi doesn’t know that .FLAC is “music”, although it selects the right codec.

Depending the Skin you choose, you are able to right-click on the main PLAYLIST Label for the one you want to play, and hit “play” without actually going back into the list itself.

meaning… … when you go to MEDIA in settings, there is a list of the sources for your media ( NAS, interior files, etc. ) and there is a triple dot above them that reverts you to the master list . . . then you must select “PLaylists” and you will see the ones you have created already. Simply right-click on the one you want to play and it will start, and keep playing.

But YES you must also have “automatic queue on selection” disabled for this to work reliably. So. . .

when you want to build your list, keep automatic queue ON. . . . then when you want to have the playlist activated, dsable the automatic queue.

Let me know if this works. IT works for me now, a newbie to Kodi. The ease differs with the skin chosen.

Lots of stuff just hidden.

Andrew