LAG from the interface since the update 19

Hi,

Since I’m going to Kodi 19.1, moving in the OSMC menu are jerk, it’s very unpleasant.

And I do not see an otpion to set that.

An idea ?

Thanks !

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Make sure that the GUI is set to 1080p, not 1080i. In some cases after the update people have seen it switch from p to i, and that will cause the GUI to be ‘jumpy’.

2 Likes

I have a similar problem since the official update to kodi 19. Worked flawless with the testversions, but now it sticks for a few seconds if I click on a movie before it opens the movie info screen… I will post some logs when I’m back home later…

Indeed I had this problem and changing from 1080i to 1080p is a good workaround.

The problem is still there though, it shouldn’t really do that.

Yes, it is being looked into. I think it’s been narrowed down to certain AVR/TV combos where if the TV is off but the AVR is on that it reverts to 1080i. I personally haven’t seen it happen with my Yamaha/Hisense setup.

I did not make any other modifications

Here log: https://paste.osmc.tv/idutoyofac.xml

You only included Kodi logs. We need full logs.

that’s what I did, no ?

how ?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Once again, that’s what I did.

https://paste.osmc.tv/iqejefelub.xml

GUI Resolution: 1600x900 @ 60p

Is there a reason you have the GUI set to this rather than 1920x1080 @ 60p?

Yes, I did test on several resolutions, that’s not that.

I still have not found a solution on my side.

How to return to version 18 without loss, if possible.

I specify that I use on my RPI 3

Do a backup via MyOSMC, reinstall with the image from last year and try to restore from the backup.
As you have a Pi I suggest to do the reinstall on a new SD Card then you always have your current system protected

Possible to do it via command line ?

You could just copy the /home/osmc/ folder to your NAS.
While as I mentioned suggest to use a second SD Card, then you can just copy directly from one SD card to the other after the reinstall.

I will make it reinstall an old backup with Win32Diskimager that dates from 3 months. I forgot this one.

On the other hand, I would like to understand why the 19 Lag version as much ?!

Well that seems to be an individual issue that might be hard to analyse as we can not replicate it here.

same for me, installed fresh 19.1 on my PI4, navigation in system - screen or audio options is so difficult, while moving between sections it blocks for 3/4 sec everytime. So I decided to wait for first update and cross fingers for solutions