Lag while in Kodi

Cleaning my database, updating my database, even the skin widgets appearing when I switch pages take forever. On my server or one of my other 2 media installations which all run 17.6 and all are on the same mysql database, I don’t have this issue. Anyone have an idea for me?

How large is the database?
Are you making a lot of changes / scraping?

database is 32 tv shows and 537 movies. No problems on my other devices but even the simplist update takes 14 minutes.

That doesn’t sound right.
An update takes about 3-5 seconds here. Some logs may give a clue.

Sam

Here you go @sam_nazarko

Please upload logs via My OSMC

Thanks

Sam

I did that then I noticed my mysql password was just hanging out so I changed to pastebin to edit. I can pm you link if you want?

Difficult to say what the problem might be but you have these settings in advancedsettings.xml

<network>
	<buffermode>1</buffermode>
	<cachemembuffersize>125829120</cachemembuffersize>
	<readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
</network>

Those XML tags are deprecated in Kodi 17 and might be overriding the default OSMC cache settings, which are more generous. I suggest remove them, reboot and see if the problem persists.

Thank you, updating that and will test when I get home @dillthedog

@sam_nazarko no change removing those items, any ideas looking at my log?

It was worth a shot.

It looks like you’re using the Aeon MQ7 skin. Does the problem persist with either the Estuary or OSMC skin?

No change. I am running identical setups on 3 different hardware setups and this is the only one with an issue.

What are the different setups? Are they on the same network?

This might be a network-related issue, though that’s just a shot in the dark. Unfortunately, you’ve described a number of issues but the log you provided shows that the device had only been running for just over 200 seconds. In order to give us a a chance of solving your problem, you need to provide debug logs detailing the problems you describe. If possible, times when operations start and finish would be helpful, so we can relate them to what we see in the logs.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thank you for getting back to me.

Setup #1 Vero 4k
Setup #2 Amd A10 pc
Setup #3 i7 server -mysql server

I need to adjust my Hyperion setup so I will do so and reboot, then pull a log tomorrow. I will post a pastebin if that’s ok as the log pulls my mysql password and I want to blank that out before posting.

That’s not necessary – or desirable. You can run the grab-logs -C -A command to write the file to /boot/uploadlog.txt, edit the file and paste it to the OSMC paste bin with paste-log /boot/uploadlog.txt. Alternatively, you can copy/paste to https://paste.osmc.tv in your browser.

Ok I will do so in the morning and post.

NM been on for a bit, here you go

https://paste.osmc.tv/vedejalepi.xml

What did you do, when, and what went wrong (if anything)??

The first thing that jumps out at me is the number of Hyperion errors. Have you tried disabling it?

I just installed Hyperion in the last 2 days, this has been ongoing for weeks.