Local Subtitles don't work

I have a raspberry pi 1 serving as a NAS (using Raspbian and MiniDLNA).

I have a MKV and an external srt subtitle (it works fine if I run the movie from the smart tv).

Although from the latest version of OSMC (on another PI 1) they don’t appear. They seem off at a first glance (I had to tick them on) but don’t appear.

I’ve installed the library in discussin around here and upgraded the distro but no result.

Help please?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Our wiki contains detailed steps for providing the relevant info we need to help you.

I got the exact same problem. And it occurs on random srt files.
I also checked if it had to do with formatting issues of the srt file or the encoding format (UTF-8 or ANSI). But no luck finding out why some srt files work and are displayed and others do not appear at all, though I clearly see in the subtitle submenu while playing, that there is a “local subtitle found”.

I’m streaming my movies from my PC to my RaspPi2 via DLNA to be exact. I’ve got mp4 and mkv files mostly. As far as I can tell this behavior happens on my mkv files. When I use the subtitle extension to download the corresponding subtitle from subscene.com, it seems to be working without any issues.

Does anyone have an idea, why the subs I downloaded to the directory of the movie are not showing up for some movies? Also tried .sub files without any luck for the same movie… :frowning:

Thx for your help! :grin:

We can’t help you if you don’t help us.

I’m sorry! :blush:

I’ve just read the “how to submit a useful support request” page.
I just enabled logging in Kodi, to generate useful info next time around. I’ll get back here, once I got all the necessary logs in place! :wink:

Vero 4k+ is an ENDLESS lis of issues. One of most important features, (unless you are english mother tongue or one who only watches movies in english) like subtitles, don’t work and you have to “help them helping you”, through a messy procedure creating logs and cleaning them up from personal information prior to publish them here. When you buy a car do you have to “help the car maker help you” if it does not brake?!

A car maker that hears this “The car doesn’t move”, will undoubtedly ask for more information. Like is it in gear, does it have gas, is the battery connected, does the engine turn…

If the car manufacturer could get a bunch of standard questions answered by the customer placing their mobile phone on the hood of the car, do you think any manufacturer would NOT ask their customers to place the phone on the hood?