Losing connection to my sources

I’ve got OSMC running on my Raspberry Pi 2 (with HiFiberry if it matters) and despite the fact that I never turn it off, and that it has its own dedicated ethernet cable that never comes out, I’m constantly having to reboot to reconnect to my Windows network shares and sometimes even to my external HDD.
Isn’t there any way for OSMC to see them every time? What am I doing wrong that I keep losing the connection?

Thank you!

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

To be honest, there is no more information I have. I don’t understand what more I can give you? Is a log really necessary? I’ll reread that link you sent. Thank you :smile:

Meh… I guess not…

1 Like

Only if you want help with your problem.

2 Likes

Ok, no problem. It wasn’t a complaint, it was just a verification to see if there was some other way. In any event, there is a problem with creating a log. This problem doesn’t seem to happen EVERY time I try to connect to the server. It’s often, but not every time. So, I’d be creating a log and then just waiting for it to happen. Not sure how to proceed. Maybe wait until it happens, then turn on debugging, then go through the motions again and post the log?

Try this: Extremely inconsistent SMB access [Solution inside]

1 Like

[quote=“popcornmix, post:7, topic:10076, full:true”]
Try this: Extremely inconsistent SMB access [Solution inside]
[/quote]Thank you! Unfortunately that link in the thread doesn’t work but at least someone typed in the registry edits.