Losing sound after time

Hello,
i have RPi2 with HDMI to Philips TV. Rpi is running 24h/7d.
Often when i turn on TV and switch HDMI input to OSMC, there is no sound.
(no “click”-Sound in Gui, no Video, no mp3 Sound)
After rebooting Rpi everything is fine.
This happens not every time, but very often.
I have playing around with the HDMI settings but nothing helps.

Any Ideas?
Greetings Thomas

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

same story but I use vero and panasonic TV

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

I’ve experienced this issue as well; seems that setting the following options I fixed the problem:

In Settings -> Audio output
Audio output device -> HDMI
Number of channels -> 2
Output configuration -> Best match
Stereo upmix -> not selected
Resample quality -> medium
Keep audo device alive -> 1 Minute

Nice that you “solved” it however it would have been better if you complied with our support request so we could investigate it.

Ok; I’ve just noted that disabling “Stereo upmix” and switching the the option “Keep audio device alive” from always to 1 minute I not losing sound anymore

I am having the same issue. I was having this issue on my Pi 2 and now I am having it also on my Pi 3. I have not yet tried the recommendations here in hopes to help OSMC solve this issue. The issue seems to occur randomly but always while in the menu screens, never in the middle of a movie or TV show. I always first notice it when I can no longer hear the clicks when scrolling threw any many screens. It has occurred while looking through sources and while looking through items on my TRAKT play lists, and even when looking through items that pop up after a search. It seems to happen more frequently when the system sits idle but not exclusively. When I re-boot everything is fine again. I also have Kodi on a fire stick and I have been using that exclusively for a week with no issues which leads me here.

Vizio TV
OSMC 2016.05-1 (kernel: Linux 4.4.8-3-osmc)
Kodi 16.1

I uploaded my log (HTTP://PASTE.OSMC.IO/XEQAQUKELI).

I have been trying to replicate the issue but have not figured out how to make the sound fail as of yet. If any additional information is needed please let me know. I want to help any way I can!

Ok, I actually wrote that last night, rebooted the system, and left the system idle until I woke up this morning. Same story but I did notice some other things as well. When I was going through some menu screens, I noticed right away that, again, the clicking sound from navigating though the menus stopped. Also, some of the thumb nails failed to load that always have loaded in the past. I tried to play a video just to see what would happen and not only was there not any sound but the video was really laggy. I uploaded a new log URL: http://paste.osmc.io/lewafiluyo

The only thing I used on my Pi this morning was my iPhone as a remote. I use the official Kodi Remote app.

I am new to the forums so I hope this info helps.