Lost My OSMC program

Not sure if this belongs here or maybe in the Aeon MQ8 subforum over at kodi…

I’ve had a few system crashes (sad face :frowning: (possibly from HDD issues) over the past month or so but have been able to recover with a reboot. Yesterday, however, I had a crash and it looks like the MY OSMC program/app got tanked (try to bring it up and get an error msg that it can’t run).

Is there any way to restore this specific app without having to flatten the system and start anew?

Thx and cheers…stay safe…stay healthy…

Are you running OSMC on a hard drive and not an SD card? Regardless, I would submit that if one piece of software got corrupted from an instability issue then it is likely not the only thing that has been affected so a fresh install would likely be the best course of action.

I appreciate the response and understand the possible implications. And a fresh install may be my ultimate, and only, solution.

But, back to my original question…can I restore My OSMC app without doing a fresh install. i.e. is My OSMC an integral part of an OSMC system install? Or can I get a copy of the My OSMC app and do a re-install, say, from the add-ons menu or even from the OS/Debian level? If I cannot do either, than a fresh install is on my TODO list :frowning:

Cheers…

You could try reinstalling the package mediacenter-addon-osmc.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall mediacenter-addon-osmc

You might be lucky, and it’s the only thing that was broken.

Thanks for the suggestion. Partly lucky, but not enuf :frowning:

Reinstalled media center as suggested and then rebooted…once soft, once hard. I can watch movies and TV shows I’ve downloaded, but am unable to watch Netflix and still can’t get into My OSMC. Something abt My OMSC settings missing. I also went into the add-on thru the add-on section and set My OSMC to default values. no luck…

Looks like a fresh install is now on the near horizon…boo hoo…

Cheers…

1 Like