Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C no longer working

Hey there everyone, Recently my Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C tuner stick has ceased working on both my Vero 4k+ devices throwing the following when it’s plugged in:

[264539.996881] usb 1-1: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x86 has invalid maxpacket 188
[264539.997188] usb 1-1: string descriptor 0 malformed (err = -61), defaulting to 0x0409

Does anyone have one of these sticks successfully working, if not I wonder if anyone can shed any light on what might have gone wrong as it was working perfectly up until a few months ago.

I also spotted this in dmesg:

[264411.157840] WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack.
                        As the driver is backported to an older kernel, it doesn't offer
                        enough quality for its usage in production.
                        Use it with care.
                Latest git patches (needed if you report a bug to linux-media@vger.kernel.org):
                        9eeb0ed0f30938f31a3d9135a88b9502192c18dd [media] mtk-vcodec: fix build warnings without DEBUG
                        0d1270df836fe9f5cc7e8001b7372ca4fa3f00f6 [media] zd1301: fix building interface driver without demodulator
                        9165ba166cac5e8c9abda2012ea37cc3430c0b14 [media] usbtv: add sharpness control

Cheers

Mine is working fine. Does yours work on a PC? The warning is nothing to worry about.

Hooked it up to a Windows 10 PC with NextPVR and seems to work perfectly so I guess it’s not the card then.

Had the same stick work on OSMC on the Pi too just seems to be the Vero that it’s struggling with for some reason.

Anything log wise you need to see?

Full debug logs are as easy as any.

Is it plugged straight into the Vero or are you using a powered hub?

Remind me again, I need to set this manually in the Kodi settings, right? Or, is it enough to provide the osmc pastebin log?

It was but I thought the port on the Vero was powerful enough for a TV stick? I could plug in a powered hub and see if the makes a difference, to be honest, I never even thought about that so thanks.

Those draw a lot of power, so the use of a powered hub is normally recommended.

1 Like

Settings->System->logging to turn on debug logs. re-boot with the stick plugged in and upload logs with MyOSMC.

1 Like

So, after some testing with various other sticks I’ve found out that it’s actually my outside aerial that’s at fault and not the stick OR the Vero. Very odd considering it was working perfectly before. I guess the wind has aught the aerial and knocked it perhaps.

As an aside, powering the stick from either of the ports on the Vero works perfectly fine as it happens so no requirement for a powered hub at the moment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are able, I’d still recommend using a powered hub, particularly if using the DVB-T2 modulators in the tuner. I’m glad to hear that this is now working as expected.