Need info about HDMI ARC

There’s zero hassle. I had one of our livings rooms set up like that because there was a bedroom on the other side of one of the walls. The volume of the tv speakers could be higher than surround without interrupting sleep. Surround on that tv was used primarily for movies outside of sleep hours. Any other time the tv speakers were a better choice.

Also, there’s no reason to bother with toslink. One HDMI cable from Kodi to the AVR and one from the AVR to the tv is all you need. And, the tv speakers never had to be turned off.

Please stop. @bmillham quoted, and was clearly communicating solely with the OP, not responding to anything you typed. He was also talking about a use case with the OP’s current AVR and how it could be utilized and as such has zero relevance to how anyone uses an ARC setup which the OP has already stated they don’t currently own. As such I can only assume your true goal is to be confrontational rather than provide helpful information. If you continue down this path you may force us to take administrative action we would prefer not to take.

2 Likes

Hi there.

So finally I purchased my new TV. This is Samsung QE55QN95A. Now I have a doubt. on the configuration of channels on OSMC which Number I have to put ? 2. or 4

Thank you for your help

You said your AVR does not do ARC, and I’m guessing you haven’t invested in a HDMI splitter. So as explained above you are not going to get HD audio out of your AVR as it will need to be connected by TOSlink.

If you connect it to Vero direct, set channels to 2. If your TV has a TOSlink socket you could connect to that and the TV may pass through DTS or DD (AC-3) to it. But it probably doesn’t re-package multi-channel PCM into DD. So again, set channels to 2.

Hi

Ok let’say I have the hdmi splitter. My avr support 5.1 but I don’t know about my TV …

So again what is the config I need on osmc ?

Tks

channels = 5.1, passthrough options according to what your AVR supports but not AC-3 transcode.